What you watching? - Quarantine Edition (2 Viewers)

Watching the 2019 Shaft movie

Just good fun

BTW...how am I just now seeing that there is going to be a live action series based on Gaiman's Sandman series?

Please for the sake of all that is good and holy dont fork this up. Just follow the source material. There is a reason why it is popular and loved...why turn it into an unknown risk by making massive changes?

Watched The Old Guard a couple of days ago. It was OK as an origin story goes. They tend to leave something to be desired. It sets up the next movie, which I would hope would be better.

Watched Mindhunter, which was interesting. Don't know if they will manage to continue the series due to the coronavirus.

Watched Warrior Nun. It was a decent distraction, but overall, I would say it was a bit of a disappointment. Too much time wasted on character development that really didn't develop the characters. I was left thinking it should have been better than it was.

When not on SR or MAP, I have been reading, listening to music or doing household stuff while the wife has been watching a few series:

Little Fires Everywhere (Hulu). She loved it, but I could tell that I wouldn't like it.
Dead to Me: Netflix. She likes it. No way in hell would I sit through all of that crying and female angst.
She has watched a couple of other series recently that I couldn't tell you the names of, but all seem to be targeting an audience of women.

We just started Cursed on Netflix. Frank Miller (Sin City, 300, etc.) was one of the creators, so I figured it would be worth a shot. It seems Miller didn't write any of the episodes, although you can see his influence as an executive producer. After two episodes, it has piqued my interest enough to want to see where it's headed. Hard to go wrong with a new twist on the old Merlin/Pendragon/Arthur story told through a female lead.

Which ones do you still have going?

Last season of Black Lightning, Madam Secretary (more for the wife, but i like it enough), I recently finished the last season of Better call Saul. Also watching last season of Agents of Shield, and Stargirl.

Oh, and watched the Jefferey Epstein documentary. I get angry just thinking about the sheet he did, but glad they found Maxwell. I hope she rots.

I watched the first John Wick movie last weekend. The violence was over the top. I'm usually OK with it, but this one felt like it overshadowed the rest of the movie. Haven't decided whether to watch 2 and 3.

Watched The Old Guard a couple of days ago. It was OK as an origin story goes. They tend to leave something to be desired. It sets up the next movie, which I would hope would be better.

Watched Mindhunter, which was interesting. Don't know if they will manage to continue the series due to the coronavirus.

Watched Warrior Nun. It was a decent distraction, but overall, I would say it was a bit of a disappointment. Too much time wasted on character development that really didn't develop the characters. I was left thinking it should have been better than it was.

When not on SR or MAP, I have been reading, listening to music or doing household stuff while the wife has been watching a few series:

Little Fires Everywhere (Hulu). She loved it, but I could tell that I wouldn't like it.
Dead to Me: Netflix. She likes it. No way in hell would I sit through all of that crying and female angst.
She has watched a couple of other series recently that I couldn't tell you the names of, but all seem to be targeting an audience of women.

We just started Cursed on Netflix. Frank Miller (Sin City, 300, etc.) was one of the creators, so I figured it would be worth a shot. It seems Miller didn't write any of the episodes, although you can see his influence as an executive producer. After two episodes, it has piqued my interest enough to want to see where it's headed. Hard to go wrong with a new twist on the old Merlin/Pendragon/Arthur story told through a female lead.
I actually liked Dead to Me (wasn’t sure I would)
I liked the mechanics of how they kept the plot device going wth all the changes in story

miss meadows, on amazon prime is absolutely awesome. i rarely watch anything that is not action or horror, but this was a delight.

Watching Quigley Down Under

Good quality 'western' and the only mainstream film that I know of that showed the mistreatment and plight of aborigine in Australia

I am watching six feet under and the shield, both for the first time, and am loving them. On season 4 of both.

Old Guard sucked.

which is sad, because I heart Charlize Theron.

I am watching six feet under and the shield, both for the first time, and am loving them. On season 4 of both.

I have to get back to Six Feet Under.

I watched a few episodes then got distracted with something else.

It was very good at that point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom