What you watching? - Quarantine Edition (9 Viewers)

I've heard good things about Parks and Recreation. I'm on episode 2 and I'm wondering how it ever got past the pilot. Does it get better?

Stick with it. Season 1 is rudderless and they have no idea what the show is yet. The first half of season 2 is better, but the show doesn't fully find its identity until Rob Lowe and Adam Scott join. Once that happens, it becomes great. One of my favorite shows of all time. It's worth putting up with the early unevenness.

Anyway, rewatching Star Wars: Clone Wars from the beginning then will start the final batch of new episodes.

Lots of YouTube.

I found a new streaming service called RetroCrush that has tons of free old school anime from the 80s and 90s. Nostalgic comfort food for my nerdy arse.

A healthy dose of Monty Python. Fawlty Towers. Red Dwarf. Old school Doctor Who.

I’ve been watching all the MCU movies from the beginning once a day.
Tonight is Captain America: The First Avenger.

Anyway, rewatching Star Wars: Clone Wars from the beginning then will start the final batch of new episodes.

Lots of YouTube.

I found a new streaming service called RetroCrush that has tons of free old school anime from the 80s and 90s. Nostalgic comfort food for my nerdy arse.

A healthy dose of Monty Python. Fawlty Towers. Red Dwarf. Old school Doctor Who.
ooh i may watch red dwarf again.

Stick with it. Season 1 is rudderless and they have no idea what the show is yet. The first half of season 2 is better, but the show doesn't fully find its identity until Rob Lowe and Adam Scott join. Once that happens, it becomes great. One of my favorite shows of all time. It's worth putting up with the early unevenness.
I couldn't agree with this more. Whenever I recommend this show, I'm tempted to tell people to skip ahead to the end of season 2, but there are so many jokes and references that won't land as well. Power through the early seasons. It will be worth it.

I couldn't agree with this more. Whenever I recommend this show, I'm tempted to tell people to skip ahead to the end of season 2, but there are so many jokes and references that won't land as well. Power through the early seasons. It will be worth it.
it was similar for me with Schitt's Creek - i started it and was like 'are they just going to play this same note over and over' but then so many people kept recommending it that i decided to power through - glad i did

it was similar for me with Schitt's Creek - i started it and was like 'are they just going to play this same note over and over' but then so many people kept recommending it that i decided to power through - glad i did

Currently watching Schitts Creek and I like it a lot. The show needs more Stevie, imo. She is so similar to David in the type of sarcastic remarks they make, just that his is dripping with an elitist tone, and she does it with a street smart trapped townie tone.

Overall I really like the acting by all of them.

I keep hearing good things about this show. I have mad respect for Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara, but I've tried to watch a few random episodes and it just didn't grab me. I guess I'll have to take my own advice about P&R, start from the beginning, and power through.

Not much of a TV person, but I've been watching an old satirical version of the English "panel show" Countdown. The full name is "8 out of 10 cats do Countdown"(no real cats involved). Let's just say, it has given me a laugh or two, along with a newfound enjoyment of numbers and letters.

You can hunt it down on YouTube if not familiar with it.

Watched Jordan Peele's "Us" last night. Very good movie. Needed a little bit better exposition of some themes and plot points; I get wanting a movie that makes you think vs. handing it to you on a platter, but this was a little too vague.

Definitely worth watching though; it's on HBO on Demand

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom