What you watching? - Quarantine Edition (3 Viewers)

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Since we're stuck at home, I imagine many of us are spending time catching up on TV / movies / streaming. Here's the thread to share what you've got playing.

Currently, EPIX is having a free preview period on Dish Network, so I'm DVRing a ton of stuff. A few Marvel movies, the War of the World series, a few other movies.

Also, I just found this lovely bit of news:

Richard

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First season of Babylon Berlin was fantastic (but haven’t started the 2nd for some reason)
Start Dark only if you are ready to invest in a show - if you dive into it, it will be great - if you try to casually watch it, it will drive you nuts

I decided not to do Umbrella s2 - reviews I saw essentially said that the problems that started to unspool in s1 continue and then some
Thank guido. I knew Dark wasn't for casual viewing, which is why I won't be watching with my wife. She is all about casual viewing (i.e., being able to scroll Facebook and text children/grandchildren while she watches something). She is watching some drivel called Hart of Dixie now, which has driven me into another room. :hihi:

B4YOU

All-Pro
Reaction score
You should add Community to your non-committal fillers.
Just finished all 6 seasons. Can’t wait for the movie. 😉 It may be in my top 10 favorite series.

I’m watching Gotham, DS9, and second season of Umbrella Academy right now. 🤓

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
Watching Dogma on YouTube

Harvey Weinstein has kept it from being distributed other than the initial sale of DVD and showing on the premier channels. Ever since then, nothing

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
2018 Nat Geo Docuseries about how Lidar technology recently rewrote what we know of the Mayan Indians. They have discovered they were likely 10 times as populated and the tech allows them to see the land and structures without trees.

Mayans have always fascinated me. I have been to a few ruin sites and my ex fiance's grandmother was kind of a philanthropists who brought a couple of young ladies to meet me and speak the language. They are fascinating for their level of knowledge on this side of the world that in some ways rivaled what was being done around the Mediterranean.

the Inca are fascinating too but timing and illness burnt their empire out fast than the US burnt this one out.

nolaspe

nolaspe
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I finished S2 of Umbrella Academy last night, it was fantastic. The humor was on point, some good action scenes, the ending was unsuspected (for someone who hasn't read the comics like me), and Diego's Don Quixote-like infatuation w/ JFK was pretty funny too... Like Watchmen w/ the Tulsa Massacre, this season taking place in the 60's also felt timely w/ all that's been going on this yr and the past few yrs... oh, and Kate Walsh...

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I finished S2 of Umbrella Academy last night, it was fantastic. The humor was on point, some good action scenes, the ending was unsuspected (for someone who hasn't read the comics like me), and Diego's Don Quixote-like infatuation w/ JFK was pretty funny too... Like Watchmen w/ the Tulsa Massacre, this season taking place in the 60's also felt timely w/ all that's been going on this yr and the past few yrs... oh, and Kate Walsh...
Interesting you might have talked me back into it
How did you feel about season 1?

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just binged Transformers War for Cybertron. It was unexpectedly good.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I watched an ep of The Swamp last night on HBO.

follows congressmen ( women ) . I had no idea how "whorish" they are when it comes to fund-raising. My goodness.

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
I'm reading that immigration nation (Netflix) is a tough, but necessary, watch. Has anybody here seen it?

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
I am watching a Felipe Esparza standup comedy show on netflix. Its hilarious

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Headlines

Top Bottom