What you watching? - Quarantine Edition (6 Viewers)

I did two new series on Netflix last week that are pretty good.

Manhunt: Deadly Games S2 - I did not know about S1 that focused on the Unabomber's story but S2 did the Richard Jewell 1996 Olympic Games Bombing that went into a lot more detail than the Richard Jewell Movie. I thought that it was well done and enjoyed the casting. The did a good job telling the story in 10 episodes. I am going to go back and watch S1.

The Liberator - It is an animated 4 episode series. If you liked Band of Brothers you will like this. It tells the story of a unit from Oklahoma consisting of Whites, Native American and Mexican Americans. The animation has to be a casualty of COVID and being unable to finish shooting or reshooting scenes. It reminded me of the season finale of The Blacklist. If this was a live action show, the action scenes would probably put it in the same category as Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers/The Pacific.

Watched ‘The BeeGees- How Can You Mend A Broken Heart’ last night on HBO Max.. So good.. also, Barry Gibb in particular is a living legend who doesnt get mentioned often enough with the other greats in music.

Watched ‘The BeeGees- How Can You Mend A Broken Heart’ last night on HBO Max.. So good.. also, Barry Gibb in particular is a living legend who doesnt get mentioned often enough with the other greats in music.
I watched that the other night, definitely worth the time. Not much of a Bee Gees fan, but I love music documentaries that talk about the song writing process and how iconic songs come to be, and they were very prolific song writers.

alice in borderland on netflix. popped up on my recommendations, and one of my friends nerds out on the comic.

I watched Uncle Frank on Prime the other night. If you have any hang ups over homosexuality, this one won’t be for you. It’s not graphic in any way but that is the subject matter. Anyway, there was some stellar acting in it. Best I’ve seen all year I think. I would recommend it and I generally find the made for Prime movies more miss than hit.

I rattled through the Queens Gambit last week. Enjoyed it.

Started watching the last season of the Big Bang Theory. Forgot how much I enjoyed that show.

Started watching LA Law last night on Prime.. used to love it when i was a kid, it was a quality show with intelligent writing, and always made me feel like a grownup when i watched it, like my IQ went up a few points, unlike some of the sitcoms and other fluff that was on in the 80s (which i loved too).. will be interesting to see if it holds up, but i think it will.. it’s the first time I’ve seen it on any streaming service outside of YouTube, and I’ve been looking for years.. the only thing is that it’s ‘free with ads’, so the commercials are kind of a bummer.

I figured since I subbed to HBO Max for WW84, I might as well get my money's worth for the month. So last night, I watched several 80's teen comedies that I hadn't seen in a while. Out of the ones I watched, I think License to Drive was the best. It's funny to watch that now through the eyes of a parent of a son who is about to get his driving permit.

alice in borderland on netflix. popped up on my recommendations, and one of my friends nerds out on the comic.
omg. awesome sauce. yes. watch with only english subtitles, japanese default

I figured since I subbed to HBO Max for WW84, I might as well get my money's worth for the month. So last night, I watched several 80's teen comedies that I hadn't seen in a while. Out of the ones I watched, I think License to Drive was the best. It's funny to watch that now through the eyes of a parent of a son who is about to get his driving permit.

Haven’t seen License to Drive since it was released in theaters when i was 15.. i loved it and was the perfect age to relate to it.. also Heather Graham was pretty great... might have to give it a rewatch.

Started watching LA Law last night on Prime.. used to love it when i was a kid, it was a quality show with intelligent writing, and always made me feel like a grownup when i watched it, like my IQ went up a few points, unlike some of the sitcoms and other fluff that was on in the 80s (which i loved too).. will be interesting to see if it holds up, but i think it will.. it’s the first time I’ve seen it on any streaming service outside of YouTube, and I’ve been looking for years.. the only thing is that it’s ‘free with ads’, so the commercials are kind of a bummer.

That would only be worth it if they showed the actual commercials from the era.

Well my wife kept a sex in the city marathon in that she found on E! TV that had commercials and was edited. I told her she could watch it on HBO for real and she said she was just keeping it on for noise :jpshakehead:

i was doing other things but I did see more of it than I would like. :covri:

Well my wife kept a sex in the city marathon in that she found on E! TV that had commercials and was edited. I told her she could watch it on HBO for real and she said she was just keeping it on for noise :jpshakehead:

i was doing other things but I did see more of it than I would like. :covri:
Show went downhill when Carrie dumped Aidan - what an idiot

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom