What you watching? - Quarantine Edition (7 Viewers)

amazon. don't listen to gmr. great show, just slow. very slow.

Yeah, it's Amazon Prime. I loved the first two seasons of The Expanse, but after that it just seemed to be moving too slow and the story just wasn't as good. I stopped somewhere around season 4 and I just haven't gone back yet. I guess I will one day, but I just don't have a desire to watch it at this point. And, I'm a big hard sci-fi fan. Which may be part of the issue. They have kind of moved away from hard sci-fi to more political and personal intrigue.

Anway, I had never watched any of the CW D.C. Universe shows so I watched a few seasons of Arrow and one or two seasons of The Flash. Arrow started out good, but the it faded pretty bad by season 3 and I just didn't care the watch it by season 4. The Flash started out pretty good, but I just didn't care to keep watching it by some point in season 2. I'm getting similar vibes from Legends of Tomorrow.

I think part of it is that I'm now used to shows with shorter runs and less filler that tell a cohesive story in a shorter period of time like they do with HBO, Netflix, Amazon, and Disney+ shows. These shows suffer from small budgets and too many filler episodes. Maybe the bigger problem is that they want these shows to run as long as possible so there is no specific story they are telling.

Yeah, it's Amazon Prime. I loved the first two seasons of The Expanse, but after that it just seemed to be moving too slow and the story just wasn't as good. I stopped somewhere around season 4 and I just haven't gone back yet. I guess I will one day, but I just don't have a desire to watch it at this point. And, I'm a big hard sci-fi fan. Which may be part of the issue. They have kind of moved away from hard sci-fi to more political and personal intrigue.

Anway, I had never watched any of the CW D.C. Universe shows so I watched a few seasons of Arrow and one or two seasons of The Flash. Arrow started out good, but the it faded pretty bad by season 3 and I just didn't care the watch it by season 4. The Flash started out pretty good, but I just didn't care to keep watching it by some point in season 2. I'm getting similar vibes from Legends of Tomorrow.

I think part of it is that I'm now used to shows with shorter runs and less filler that tell a cohesive story in a shorter period of time like they do with HBO, Netflix, Amazon, and Disney+ shows. These shows suffer from small budgets and too many filler episodes. Maybe the bigger problem is that they want these shows to run as long as possible so there is no specific story they are telling.

The CW shows are shirt in comparison to the other series on the streaming apps and HBO. That said, I think a big reason for that is their limited budgets, and their absolute insistence on including a whole range of sociopolitical commentary that often gets in the way of the broader story.

That said, I'm still watching them because I have nothing better to do. :hihi:

I thought Stargirl was pretty good though. Second season of Stargirl might suffer from the same issues as the other CW shows. We'll see.

The other problematic issue for the DC shows is they have little to no connection to the DCU. Nothing like Marvel.

I might check out The Expanse sometime down the road.

I don’t know what to make of this
Every cultural/political element of seasons 3-4 are part of 1&2
The other odd part is that once it moved away fromSyFy it got MUCH better at depicting the actual science (especially gravity)

Now I guess if you tell me that you like pirate shows but only when they’re on boats and lose interest when they’re on land- then maybe I can see you being less interested when The Expanse goes to Earth and Mars
But this is widely regarded as the best space/hard sci fi show out there

Out of curiosity which space sci-fi shows would you put above The Expanse?

I don’t know what to make of this
Every cultural/political element of seasons 3-4 are part of 1&2
The other odd part is that once it moved away fromSyFy it got MUCH better at depicting the actual science (especially gravity)

Now I guess if you tell me that you like pirate shows but only when they’re on boats and lose interest when they’re on land- then maybe I can see you being less interested when The Expanse goes to Earth and Mars
But this is widely regarded as the best space/hard sci fi show out there

Out of curiosity which space sci-fi shows would you put above The Expanse?

Gravity is not science it is magic.

I got about halfway through this...maybe a little further. Is there anyone in Gwyneth Paltrow's family that is likeable? Seriously, that whole family are a bunch of chromosome-deficient twats.
How was the documentary?

I may dust off my Hulu credentials and watch it if it's good.

I might dust them off anyway. I should catch up and maybe even rewatch some FXX viewing (Archer and IASIP).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom