What you watching? - Quarantine Edition (2 Viewers)

nolaspe

nolaspe
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I watched the first 4 episodes of Mayor of Kingston. Man oh man is it pretty dark...

FLEA

Livin' the dream
Reaction score
220px-Jay_Fai%2C_bangkok_20180406.jpg
(Jay Fai)Street Food - Asia....Netflix, about 7 episodes of the best street food vendors on the continent. Michelin Star awarded Jay Fai is featured in Episode 1 - Thailand

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
220px-Jay_Fai%2C_bangkok_20180406.jpg
(Jay Fai)Street Food - Asia....Netflix, about 7 episodes of the best street food vendors on the continent. Michelin Star awarded Jay Fai is featured in Episode 1 - Thailand

I will check this out. My wife back in 2019 went to Taiwan for 3 weeks with here Tai Chi group. The street food there is amazing apparently. She raved about this pancake breakfast sandwich (egg, sausage, etc)....

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i just finished GOT. Incredible watch. Hard to follow up in fact. Im trying to give Treme another shot. Biggest issue is how forced the New Orleans dialogue is. Even though they have some good local talent, it just doesn’t feel natural.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i just finished GOT. Incredible watch. Hard to follow up in fact. Im trying to give Treme another shot. Biggest issue is how forced the New Orleans dialogue is. Even though they have some good local talent, it just doesn’t feel natural.
yeah, Treme just didn't do it for me
actually have you watched Succession? It's basically The Lannisters as media moguls (but in a good way, it's great)

Brad Mojo

Funkier than you.
Reaction score
yeah, Treme just didn't do it for me
actually have you watched Succession? It's basically The Lannisters as media moguls (but in a good way, it's great)

I watch Succession the same way I did GOT - with the subtitles on because the dialogue is so quick and clever that without the subtitles you miss subtle things.

Brad Mojo

Funkier than you.
Reaction score
Yellowstone, while not as good as Succession, is very similar - siblings fighting over the future control of a family empire.

(even down to the one firebrand female sibling that is portrayed by a hot foreign actress faking an American accent)

Succession has better dialogue, Yellowstone has better scenery. Although I am tired of the same horse dancing scene in every episode of Yellowstone.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I watch Succession the same way I did GOT - with the subtitles on because the dialogue is so quick and clever that without the subtitles you miss subtle things.
omg the dialogue subtlety on Succession is amazing
As is their tiny bits of physical humor inside very intense scenes

Sailorsaint

Reaction score
I watched Cleopatra again the other day. I had forgotten what really good acting looked like.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know this much is True was ok. I don't know if it will be everyones cup of tea but there were some great performances in it. Mark Rufallo was outstanding. Also was impressed with the acting of Katheryn Hahn. She made me forget all about "it was Agatha all the time". Heck even Rossie Odonnel was good in it.

The director had some interesting methods. They did a lot of whole scenes (they actually filmed a full funeral instead of cutting it in scenes). If you loved the book, it was a lot about the bouncing back and forth between the present and past but there wasn't nearly as much interest in the story of his grandfather in this. I guess it had to do with the scope of the project. 6 episodes is probably not enough for a book like this but they did well with what they chose to spotlight.

Brad Mojo

Funkier than you.
Reaction score
Mare of Easttown
REALLY good
Feels way more like a BBC detective show than an American one
In fact take the lead in Happy Valley, have her investigate the first Broadchurch case, set it in a dying Pennsylvania town and you pretty much gave the show
Stellar cast

Just starting this one. Really really good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

•  

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom