What you watching? - Quarantine Edition (6 Viewers)

Is there a good online algorithm website for finding new shows?

For example, type in that you like The Sopranos and Lord Of The Rings and it tells you that you would like Game Of Thrones.

Thanks for any ideas.

Is there a good online algorithm website for finding new shows?

For example, type in that you like The Sopranos and Lord Of The Rings and it tells you that you would like Game Of Thrones.

Thanks for any ideas.
Reddit is usually where I fish for ideas- either r/television or r/‘whatever show you just watched’ and ask for similar show recommendations

yesterday i finished 2 all-times favorites - The Expanse and Station 11
I'd already started White Lotus as a replacement for Cobra Kai which did not do it for me this season
have second seasons of both Beforeigners and Snowpiercer waiting for me to finish White Lotus (i'm ready to finish it too, i'm not finding it as amazing as some of my podcasters have prolaimed)
How does White Lotus develop after the first episode? More of the same? It was fun but perhaps an overdose of cringing. My muscles were tense from 60 straight minutes of cringing at one thing or another.

How does White Lotus develop after the first episode? More of the same? It was fun but perhaps an overdose of cringing. My muscles were tense from 60 straight minutes of cringing at one thing or another.
It pretty much stayed the same - mid-level bbc type crime dramas
I assume their huge Emmy haul was mostly about producing during Covid

I started recording and watching "Welcome to Wrexham". Anyone else watching? i haven't googled it or anything because the documentary started during Covid, so there's likely to be spoilers about what is still to happen in the show. It's got me hooked for now.
I finished watching the full season of Wrexham and really enjoyed it. The documentary does a lot of developing how the local citizens/fans have a diehard fandom to the football club. It's not an exact parallel, but you can think of it of how diehard Saints fan suffered for so long with fleeting moments of excitement and happiness, but eventually defeat and disappointment won out. And how much the Saints meant to the local citizens, and how their success/failure would define the collective mood of the city and region.

They also spotlight on some of the players themselves, and how they're impacted by the team. In the case of 2 or 3 of the players, they grew up in Wrexham so they know how much the FC means to the city. Of course there's spotlight on Rob and Ryan, but for the vast majority of the time, the documentary focuses on Wrexham, the city, the FC and the fans.

Edit: I'm not going to spoil anything, but how they developed the growth of the club and how important the matches became, there was lots of game play aired, and I found myself nervous over the outcomes even though I have no attachment to the club other than through the documentary. I would be curious if others had this experience as well.

I finished watching the full season of Wrexham and really enjoyed it. The documentary does a lot of developing how the local citizens/fans have a diehard fandom to the football club. It's not an exact parallel, but you can think of it of how diehard Saints fan suffered for so long with fleeting moments of excitement and happiness, but eventually defeat and disappointment won out. And how much the Saints meant to the local citizens, and how their success/failure would define the collective mood of the city and region.

They also spotlight on some of the players themselves, and how they're impacted by the team. In the case of 2 or 3 of the players, they grew up in Wrexham so they know how much the FC means to the city. Of course there's spotlight on Rob and Ryan, but for the vast majority of the time, the documentary focuses on Wrexham, the city, the FC and the fans.

Edit: I'm not going to spoil anything, but how they developed the growth of the club and how important the matches became, there was lots of game play aired, and I found myself nervous over the outcomes even though I have no attachment to the club other than through the documentary. I would be curious if others had this experience as well.
I felt the same. Also they have apparently started showing some of their games on ESPN2.

I have been trying to order a jersey (or polo, shirt or hat. Really anything) from their website since like the 2nd episode and everything has been sold out. For a team looking at every avenue to make money I feel like they are missing out on an opportunity there.

I felt the same. Also they have apparently started showing some of their games on ESPN2.

I have been trying to order a jersey (or polo, shirt or hat. Really anything) from their website since like the 2nd episode and everything has been sold out. For a team looking at every avenue to make money I feel like they are missing out on an opportunity there.
I didn't know some were on ESPN2. I need to peruse the ESPN app for their games. Thanks for this info.

I was looking at a Wrexham scarf, but as you said, "sold out".

We’ve been watching “The Watcher” on Netflix.

Short version: Family buys their dream house, and starts getting bizarre threatening letters. Turns out previous owners got them too.

Good, creepy, thriller…and it’s based on a true story. We have two episodes left before I can go research the real story.

Just started The Peripheral which dropped its 1st 2 episodes on prime, it's by some of the folks behind Westworld, it's got a nice sci-fi Matrix kinda feel, I'm digging it...

Also, season 2 of Gangs of London dropped, so I'm also diving into that...

My uncle recommended this one, so I'll also check it out...

Oh, and for all of you ppl raising or who have raised tiny drunk humans, this Canadian show is pretty damn funny...

Last edited:
Just started The Peripheral which dropped its 1st 2 episodes on prime, it's by some of the folks behind Westworld, it's got a nice sci-fi Matrix kinda feel, I'm digging it...

Also, season 2 of Gangs of London dropped, so I'm also diving into that...

My uncle recommended this one, so I'll also check it out...

Definitely want to check out the peripheral

I watched 2 crazy Justin Long movies this weekend.
one was older, Tusk, a Kevin Smith movie.. weird to say the least.
And Barbarian, new, but strange. First of all, if I find a hidden tunnel behind a door in the basement of an AirBNB, the last thing I'm doing is investigating it..

I watched 2 crazy Justin Long movies this weekend.
one was older, Tusk, a Kevin Smith movie.. weird to say the least.
And Barbarian, new, but strange. First of all, if I find a hidden tunnel behind a door in the basement of an AirBNB, the last thing I'm doing is investigating it..
Oh, I’m definitely investigating
Did you miss the part about’hidden tunnel’?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom