What you watching? - Quarantine Edition (2 Viewers)

I've been debating this. My wife and I have watched, but she generally avoids rewatches. I'll try to get her on board.
This particular series is more geared toward males......my wife is constantly telling me to turn down the surround sound. :giggle:

Finished s2 of Yellowjackets yesterday- mostly a fun romp (with some clunky plot machinations)
Just finished Love and Death - never really got more compelling
Just feels like it’s chasing that Mare of Easttown ‘movie star does gritty role’ vibe
Succession & Barry tomorrow- those are going to be great

I think I’m starting American born Chinese next
If you haven't started it yet, don't bother. It's not good.
It's chock full of rehashed stereotyped teenage high school "angst" (some of it back to 1950s TV tropes), a few really bad actors (including Sun Wei-Chen, one of the main characters, who absolutely speaks like he's reading lines off a page at the first read-through), a lot of poorly shot footage, and really boring until things finally happen in episode 7. The kid who plays the main character isn't a terrible actor like the aforementioned one, but he's only got one level, so he doesn't keep one's interest. Also, the mystery of the fourth scroll is blatantly obvious very early on even though they don't reveal the answer until after the final conflict happens. Not sure if the writers are trying to make people feel smart or if they're dumb enough to think they've kept it a secret until the end.
There's a nice message or two thrown in, but not worth the all the lame for "the moral(s) of the story."

Danggg, I haven't seen that in forever.
Me either. I loved it as a kid.

This is virtually unwatchable. It's so bad that it's a fascinating train wreck

Damn I had forgotten the dance scene with RJ gettin his MJ on

Crying laughing at this 😂

I know it takes wong to know wong and 2 wongs dont make a wright. What I didn't know was the dirty trick up the sleeve stingers were such knock you out lethal poison. Just enough reach as well. Good thing street of dreams is on the case. The whole fetch your daughter to the eye of the moon thing is a real crime scene indeed. Yeah seen one seen em all. Stone cold or turning Japanese either way well worth the watch all six films.

If murder podcasts are your thing, check this show out. Dark AF and hilarious...

Didn't think I would like this as much as I did, now I have a whole new appreciation for Arnold. 3 episode show: bodybuilding and youth, hollywood, politics. He is pretty honest with his shortcomings which I found refreshing and informative.

Currently binging Suits on Netflix. Hopefully all seasons are on par with Season 1.
We've been watching also and are enjoying the soapyness of it even though we are not into soaps. I didn't look him up but I have to admire the actor who plays Louis Litt, 🤣 he's perfect for the role. I wish Rachel's character would grow up some, but the general audacity of the whole thing keeps us laughing and critiquing the characters in a fun way.
Don't know if you are familiar but there was a tv show in the 90's called Hotel and it reminds us of that in terms of how the story moves along.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom