What you watching? - Quarantine Edition (2 Viewers)

I've read a few Neil Gaiman novels and I like how his view of the world is a bit twisted.

American Gods on Starz is also very good.

Coraline is a strange novel and movie.

I think Neverwhere is my favorite of his novels.

the parts I found funny were the casual conversations and views on humanity between the angel and the demon. Particularly when the animals were boarding the boat with Noah.

remember it well it gave me the willies. But it was like a train wreck that I never went further when channel surfing as a child.

The part with the cages and rat disturbed me when I was young

I've read a few Neil Gaiman novels and I like how his view of the world is a bit twisted.

American Gods on Starz is also very good.

Coraline is a strange novel and movie.

I think Neverwhere is my favorite of his novels.

Neverwhere is awesome...could make a great movie.
Honestly I almost have to pretend that American Gods the book and the series have nothing to do with each other. The book is absolutely amazing and could have been adapted without all the changes. I can only enjoy the series if I dont think about the book at all
Stardust was a good book that they kinda screwed up with the transition to the movie

Right now watching House of 1000 Corpses

Captain Spaulding is my hero
tenor.gif

I haven't had a chance to read all this thread so someone might have mentioned it.

Upload on Amazon is fun.

Like Black Mirror with a great sense of humor.

I haven't had a chance to read all this thread so someone might have mentioned it.

Upload on Amazon is fun.

Like Black Mirror with a great sense of humor.

Upload is great stuff... I laughed so hard when he first got uploaded and his fiancee and Mom lost it when that happened as they watched thru the door's window...

Neverwhere is awesome...could make a great movie.
Honestly I almost have to pretend that American Gods the book and the series have nothing to do with each other. The book is absolutely amazing and could have been adapted without all the changes. I can only enjoy the series if I dont think about the book at all
Stardust was a good book that they kinda screwed up with the transition to the movie
This

I Know This Much is True is a limited series on HBO with Mark Ruffalo.

Tough watch. But I have to see where it goes.

Things just keep getting darker and darker.

I Know This Much is True is a limited series on HBO with Mark Ruffalo.

Tough watch. But I have to see where it goes.

Things just keep getting darker and darker.

if it’s the Wally Lamb book then it’s a great story. I don’t know how well it translates to screen but Lamb writes the most interesting characters you can find in books. I literally could not put this one or The Hour I first believed down. He jumps back and forth in time masterfully and the fact that his protagonists are not exclusively “good”. He writes characters the way people actually are.

if it’s the Wally Lamb book then it’s a great story. I don’t know how well it translates to screen but Lamb writes the most interesting characters you can find in books. I literally could not put this one or The Hour I first believed down. He jumps back and forth in time masterfully and the fact that his protagonists are not exclusively “good”. He writes characters the way people actually are.

It is.

Guess I have a new author to check out.

It was well done. No doubt.

And Ruffalo surprised me with just how good he was playing the twins.

But after a few episodes I began to wonder when is this long painful car wreck going to end.

It was worth it to finish though.

It is.

Guess I have a new author to check out.

It was well done. No doubt.

And Ruffalo surprised me with just how good he was playing the twins.

But after a few episodes I began to wonder when is this long painful car wreck going to end.

It was worth it to finish though.

read the two I mentioned. Other than that he wrote She’s Come Undone and you can see his style still developing. I have not been as interested in more recent stuff. But, though those two books are huge, they are the very definition of page turners. And the hour I first believe has some New Orleans tie in along with OK bombings. Really cool writer if mental trauma and mental disorders.

@zeetes, check out The Old Guard on da 'Flix for some moar Charlize Theron action. It was a good action romp and had an interesting premise, she's in charge of a squad of 'immortal soldiers'...

i wanted to like it. so badly i did. i fell asleep during it at some point, yet i don't remember sheet about it to whatever point.

zeetes intress: zero.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom