What you watching? - Quarantine Edition (4 Viewers)

With Marvel, SW, and Mandelorean (one of the few things I still haven't seen yet). And of course the Disney classics, I'm keeping it at long as it remains under $10/month.

The only downside is my cable box doesn't have the Disney app available, but I'm thinking about buying a new TV, and the new ones often have the apps pre-installed. Which is nice.
With Marvel, SW, and Mandelorean (one of the few things I still haven't seen yet). And of course the Disney classics, I'm keeping it at long as it remains under $10/month.

The only downside is my cable box doesn't have the Disney app available, but I'm thinking about buying a new TV, and the new ones often have the apps pre-installed. Which is nice.

yes the apps function nice. Read up on the smart function reviews though. I have a samsung and I prefer to use my firestick. Main reason is the Samsung takes like three minutes to go into after I turn the TV on. Works fast enough once I’m in it but it’s annoyingly when I plop down to watch something and have the tv tell me five times “that function isn’t available yet”. Firestick is ready almost instantly

Disney and HBO work great with firestick. Showtime doesn’t do a very good job with accessibility of watch list or remembering where you were in a series

oh i started watching cursed. i like it. i'm just a fan of ancient storylines/lore. though, i think so far, good story. made the mistake of looking into reviews after, not nearly as highly praised as i give it, but definitely underrated.

enjoyable.

Wow I finally got around to watching The Smartest Guys in the Room tonight. What a wild story. I will be visiting the documentary thread for more that I missed.

watched the men who stare at goats; silly and sometimes funny. big cast, tho

soundtrack of "more than a feeling" reminded me of a vid from my favorite musicologist; rewatched with humility and joy

if you're a musician or producer, check out all of rick's vids. they can steal the magic from your favorite songs, but you'll learn

a lot

I just got around to watching the docuseries about the history of the Disney Imagineers on Disney+ and it's really great. Works as both a chronicle of the imagineering department and the development of the parks themselves.

oh i started watching cursed. i like it. i'm just a fan of ancient storylines/lore. though, i think so far, good story. made the mistake of looking into reviews after, not nearly as highly praised as i give it, but definitely underrated.

enjoyable.

I'm looking at it on Netflix right now and I'm a bit torn over whether to watch. Saw the trailer and it looks interesting. Will see if the wife wants to watch.

I just got around to watching the docuseries about the history of the Disney Imagineers on Disney+ and it's really great. Works as both a chronicle of the imagineering department and the development of the parks themselves.

this is what I’m currently watching. It is pretty good. Ironically, more interesting to me once Walt died. Perhaps only because that is the parts I remember. When my family moved to New Orleans in 83, we had the Disney Chanel which was not yet available in North La. The Epcot Dome was shown on the Chanel probably 200 times during any 24 hour period. I didn’t get to go for another 9 years or so.

Watching a replay of the Pels-Bucks scrimmage

Pels looking sharp even without Zion. I almost think that Zion should come off the bench. Chemistry is big and the pels starters have played well after a bad start without Zion....I am concerned about their cohesiveness

Keep in mind that the Pels were only 10-9 with him (although for a good bit of that they were dealing with minutes restrictions). I just think that the starting 5 without Zion was effective...and what team is going to have bench players to deal with Zion, Reddick, Hayes, and NAW? Zion would dominate other bench players

Edit: forgot about Josh Hart...really solid 6th man type of player

this is what I’m currently watching. It is pretty good. Ironically, more interesting to me once Walt died. Perhaps only because that is the parts I remember. When my family moved to New Orleans in 83, we had the Disney Chanel which was not yet available in North La. The Epcot Dome was shown on the Chanel probably 200 times during any 24 hour period. I didn’t get to go for another 9 years or so.

That period of Disney history is one of the most interesting to me, because through the 70's and early 80's they became so stagnant and creatively lost that they were very nearly the victim of a hostile takeover. It's crazy to think of Disney as anything other than a monolithic powerhouse but they had burned through the projects Walt had in development before he died by like 73/74 and the next decade was brutal for them. The animation department churned out nothing but disappointments and was close to being shut down completely, the parks weren't innovating, there was no expansion. It wasn't until Michael Eisner and Frank Wells took over that things turned around. And then of course Wells died and Eisner's second decade at the helm was a mess of its own.

Josh Hart may be my favorite player on this team.

Yeah I really insulted him by not including him. He isnt quite good enough to be a starter at this point mostly because he is feast or famine with shooting, but his defense and effort are really good

I really like him and Ingram...Ingram just had his first all star season and every time he is interviewed it's all about the team.

Truth is we got an all star and 2 really good players who are just grateful to still be teammates, to be out of LA, and to be in a place where the fans love them

Nico Melli was coming along nicely, too.

And there you have a guy who is a good bit older than the normal NBA rookie who is more than likely just grateful to be there.
I know people who couldnt care less about this team because of things going on in the NBA. There are things that have happened with the NBA that I dont care for either (pretty much the hypocrisy with China), but I love what Gale Benson has done for the teams and the city and Iove the players and what they have done for the city so I support them and buy their merchandise

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom