What you watching? - Quarantine Edition (4 Viewers)

I've started on the first episode of the new SyFy show Resident Alien. It has Alan Tudyk from Firefly/Serenity starring as an alien who crash lands on Earth and assumes the identity of some small town Dr. in Colorado. I'm about halfway in, and it's pretty entertaining and funny so far with Alan (Harry) trying to pass as a human.

Edit: finished the first 3 episodes, it is really funny.

Last edited:
we late adopters just started season 2 of the crown

so far, excellent in every way

Just got done watching the Gordon Lightfoot documentary ’If You Could Read My Mind’ on Prime.. it was good , though i do like his music and I’m not sure how enjoyable it might be for someone without at least a passing familiarity with his songbook, or someone who isnt at least a casual fan of his.. i particularly liked it becuase i feel like GL is one of the few major singer/songwriters that we dont seem to hear much about, and i wasnt very familiar with his background or his story, like i am with James Taylor, Paul Simon, Cat Stevens, Fogelberg, Croce, Carole King etc... Maybe b/c he’s Canadian lol.. in any case, worth a watch if you like that kind of music and craftsmanship.

Sorry I’m late to the party, but I am watching It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I’m currently on the episode where the team does community service for burning down the building.

I have nearly P'Oed my pants 3 times this episode.

Random thoughts and questions on all the streaming services instead of making separate and redundant threads.

1) Does anyone else review the New & Upcoming (New Relases, This Week, Next Week etc) section on NetFlix? 90% of upcoming releases are films, movies, seasons of shows from foreign countries with subtitles and/or dubbed in English. I know COVID happened and production was stopped but I think NetFlix is beginning to scrape the bottom of the barrel just to stay afloat.

2) Last night on HBOMax I saw the described and promoted "long awaiting trailer" for Justice League coming out in March. This is the first that I have heard of any sort of new Justice League Movie ( I thought Affleck/Batman quit) and most of the movie trailer was scenes from the previous movies. It was very confusing.

Sorry I’m late to the party, but I am watching It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I’m currently on the episode where the team does community service for burning down the building.

I have nearly P'Oed my pants 3 times this episode.

Love that show, it is so quirky, unpredictable. Sometimes they miss on episodes but most of the time, they are funny as heck.

A good friend of mine's daughter is one of the funniest girls I've ever met, she does killer imitations of people and animals. We are always talking about movies/shows to recommend.

I told her about The Big Lebowski (she still has a scene to the movie as her FB background) and she told me about Always Sunny, I think back in 2009....

"i care a lot" on netflix. very good, especially considering it is a streaming movie release.

dinklebot, diane west, etc.

We started watching "For Life" on Hulu last night. It is made-for-network (ABC) drama about a prison lawyer. I generally can't stand the quality of regular network TV shows, but so far, this one is pretty good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom