What you watching? - Quarantine Edition (2 Viewers)

Yeah, the character and world building is excellent. So much so that when a character dies, it hurts, or it's so, um, satisfying when a bad one gets offed. It just feels like you're connected to the characters and it just feels so relevant even though it's a different world.
ramsey.jpg

I just rewatched Marco Polo. That series was so good and they were setting up for an awesome S3 before Netflix pulled the plug due to the price tag. The horse stampede scene is still one of the best.

I just rewatched Marco Polo. That series was so good and they were setting up for an awesome S3 before Netflix pulled the plug due to the price tag. The horse stampede scene is still one of the best.
Yeah, I was bummed they pulled the plug after 2 seasons. Enjoyed the show.

I saw the previews for Yellow Jackets. I didn't think i would like the female version of Lord of the Flies, but it is so much more. I was surprised i like it so much. the flash back and forth between present and past is done well
I’ve been enjoying it — Lord of the Flies meets Mean Girls…with maybe a touch of Alive?

They did a good job at making sure it wasn't comparable to Lord of the flies.
Christina Ricci character (both young and adult) is good.

Anyone seen “I know this Much Is True?” Loved the book, all of Lambs books in fact. Nobody can write a page turner like him. Not sure how well it translates to screen but I’m gonna give it a go.

I watched the first 4 episodes of Mayor of Kingston. Man oh man is it pretty dark...

220px-Jay_Fai%2C_bangkok_20180406.jpg
(Jay Fai)Street Food - Asia....Netflix, about 7 episodes of the best street food vendors on the continent. Michelin Star awarded Jay Fai is featured in Episode 1 - Thailand

I will check this out. My wife back in 2019 went to Taiwan for 3 weeks with here Tai Chi group. The street food there is amazing apparently. She raved about this pancake breakfast sandwich (egg, sausage, etc)....

i just finished GOT. Incredible watch. Hard to follow up in fact. Im trying to give Treme another shot. Biggest issue is how forced the New Orleans dialogue is. Even though they have some good local talent, it just doesn’t feel natural.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom