What you watching? - Quarantine Edition (4 Viewers)

i just finished GOT. Incredible watch. Hard to follow up in fact. Im trying to give Treme another shot. Biggest issue is how forced the New Orleans dialogue is. Even though they have some good local talent, it just doesn’t feel natural.
yeah, Treme just didn't do it for me
actually have you watched Succession? It's basically The Lannisters as media moguls (but in a good way, it's great)

yeah, Treme just didn't do it for me
actually have you watched Succession? It's basically The Lannisters as media moguls (but in a good way, it's great)

I watch Succession the same way I did GOT - with the subtitles on because the dialogue is so quick and clever that without the subtitles you miss subtle things.

Yellowstone, while not as good as Succession, is very similar - siblings fighting over the future control of a family empire.

(even down to the one firebrand female sibling that is portrayed by a hot foreign actress faking an American accent)

Succession has better dialogue, Yellowstone has better scenery. Although I am tired of the same horse dancing scene in every episode of Yellowstone.

I watch Succession the same way I did GOT - with the subtitles on because the dialogue is so quick and clever that without the subtitles you miss subtle things.
omg the dialogue subtlety on Succession is amazing
As is their tiny bits of physical humor inside very intense scenes

I watched Cleopatra again the other day. I had forgotten what really good acting looked like.

I know this much is True was ok. I don't know if it will be everyones cup of tea but there were some great performances in it. Mark Rufallo was outstanding. Also was impressed with the acting of Katheryn Hahn. She made me forget all about "it was Agatha all the time". Heck even Rossie Odonnel was good in it.

The director had some interesting methods. They did a lot of whole scenes (they actually filmed a full funeral instead of cutting it in scenes). If you loved the book, it was a lot about the bouncing back and forth between the present and past but there wasn't nearly as much interest in the story of his grandfather in this. I guess it had to do with the scope of the project. 6 episodes is probably not enough for a book like this but they did well with what they chose to spotlight.

Mare of Easttown
REALLY good
Feels way more like a BBC detective show than an American one
In fact take the lead in Happy Valley, have her investigate the first Broadchurch case, set it in a dying Pennsylvania town and you pretty much gave the show
Stellar cast

Just starting this one. Really really good.

Beforeigners just finished up season 2. It's the best sci Fi series I've seen in a while
Huh, first I have heard of it...sounds interesting in the synopsis!
But I am very unclear on how to watch it, as in what platform has it...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom