What you watching? - Quarantine Edition (5 Viewers)

No thanks to the wonderful marketing dept of Netflix I just happened to come across the new series The Lincoln Lawyer. I thought that it was the Movie on Netflix until I noticed "Season 1" in the corner. It was a good watch.

Just started Outlander.

I really want to know what the numbers mean... and What the Fork! was with the goat room.
OmG! Yes! The goat room was creepy af. Still don't know what that was about. I'm curious about the midwife too. She seems to only appear when he would be sent to the "break" room. :unsure:

Mt wife watches This Is Us. I can always tell when it's on in another room because of the background music. The show is hammering home how HEAVY and INTENSE the scene is supposed to be with the super-intense background music. Literally even though I've never watched it I can still recognize the background music from across the house. Often the sounds are followed by the sound of my wife pulling a tissue from the box.

I haven't watched it, so can't chime in, but my wife is a big fan.
I can't really speak to how guys might view it. If feelings make you uncomfortable, you'll run away from this kicking and screaming.

Their use of music is the second most unique thing about it (the first being the completely non-linear storytelling).

They use the theme song as background music in the show but chop it and screw it six ways from Sunday, depending on the scene.

They even gave the score lyrics and sung it ON THE ACTUAL SHOW. Who does that.

It's one-of-a-kind.

I just finished S1 of Night Sky that airs on Prime. It stars J.K. Simmons and Sissy Spacek amongst some other actors I'm not familiar with. It's a good slow burn sci-fi show that def left a good build up feeling for S2.

Everything Everywhere All at Once is BONKERS...

Everything Everywhere All at Once is BONKERS...

My daughter brought me to this one - first post-pandemic theater trip. We both really liked it. "Bonkers" is a very good adjective to describe it.

I loved the Ratatouille/Raccoonie

I binged watched Killing It with Craig Robertson.
I don't know why i think Craig Robertson is so funny...
Who knew Python Huting in South Florida was a thing...

Been watching this series on youtube. This kid is 16 years old making these kind of videos. This is based on Liminal spaces, the backrooms started as a troll post on the internet several years ago. The picture showed an office like room with yellow wallpaper and said "If you're not careful and noclip out of reality, you'll end up in the backrooms." "The backrooms is endless, 600 million miles squared. The Lights are at maximum humbuzz and the carpet smells mildewed. Becareful, if something is around, god save you because it sure as hell has heard you." No clipping happens in video games, you can fall "out of the game world" and appear in places you're not meant to be. This kid literally took a meme and made it into a serious movie like project, kinda crazy. There is some language on the last couple of videos, just becareful of that.

Last edited:
I Just watched the documentary on George Carlin: George Carlins American Dream.
It was great.
But it bothers me that the stuff he was talking about 35-40 years ago hasn't changed at all and is still 100% relative today.
It makes me sad for this county  and sad for humanity in general.

Episode 1 of S3 of For All Mankind dropped, so I'm stoked about that...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom