Whatcha BBQ/grillin'? (1 Viewer)

Steamed hams.

Which, as those of you who are familiar with the Albany, NY regional dialect know, really means hamburgers... even though they are not made from ham and are clearly grilled.

SKChalmers.jpg

I've got about 12 ounces of freshly ground chuck in a patty, some bacon cooked and some bleu cheese at the ready.

I got a rotisserie adapter for my Weber kettle for Christmas. I finally got to break that bad boy out and bbq a chicken. I basted it with a blend of honey, soy, lime juice, Thai pepper sauce and sugar. Good stuff.

I love my rotisserie for my Weber. Critics worldwide swoon over my chicken.

Got chicken, homemade Italian sausage and rib eyes goin' on the grill. Oh yeah, got the sweet corn on the cob grillin' too.

Did a small pork shoulder in the smoker today.. It was pre-rubbed from Winn Dixie with a nice blend of spices.. I added a bit of the rub I mentioned on the first page and smoked it for 6.5 hours.. Used a mixture of hickory and pecan wood chips.. I really, really love the taste and smell of hickory smoked foods.. I shredded it up and took it to a friend's house to eat while watching the UFC PPV.. It was great, but I probably should've left it in a bit longer, would've made the shredding easier.. Also did some sausage that had a great taste to it..

Joe Horn's Marinade Chicken

1 Sprite
1 pound chicken
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup cooking oil (olive ok)
2 lemons 1 lime sliced
Tabasco

Soak at least 1 hour

Grill to internal temp of 150f
Baste with Joe Horn BBQ sauce

Serves: 1

So this other family and mine switched houses last Wednesday with the stipulation that we each had a week to get our stuff out of our old houses. We moved Monday and my movers brought over my main grill, the Weber Performer. I haven't gotten my auxillary grill yet (plain Weber Kettle) and it's past the deadline. However, he's left one of these in my new carport:

r02989v-1.jpg

A GE Monogram 36" outdoor cooking center. Now I've never really wanted a gas grill, but to trade it for my old kettle, I could probably work this thing into my repertoire. :scratch:

I di dthis tonight for breakfast tomorrow. I deboned a chicken and stuffed it with chopped pepper, chorizo, onion and mushroom that I had scrambled in egg. Tomorrow I am going to warm it up and slice it for breakfast. Hope it works out.

And Congrats to Ted. I have no idea why you were on the wagon, but I am glad to see you are off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom