Whatcha BBQ/grillin'? (1 Viewer)

roast of a NY strip and vidalias:0056:

eatme.jpg

Looks good, dude. Looks like a ribeye from here, though. :)

it does kinda look like a ribeye in that picture. it was the biggest strip I'd ever seen (so I had to have it).

tonight, the mrs is down in N.O. for her cousin's antiques store opening, so I've got the kids in bed, got a bottle of zin cracked and am doing what will some day be the title of my cook book - "Grillin' in My Drawers on a Saturday Night"

The kids and I needed to stop off at Whole Foods to pick up some Mother's Day flowers, so I got myself a 23 ounce bone in ribeye (ribsteak). They also had these mini sweet onions and I picked up some REAL tomatoes at the farmer's market this morning. I put some fresh thyme and parmesan (I'll save you any leftovers, TPS) on it. Before:

ribeyebefore.jpg

I made chicken and beef fajitas. Man, they were good. Best I have ever made without a doubt.

after:

ribeyeafter.jpg

Here's to you, Mr. Lipitor<sup>TM</sup> inventor guy :bier:

thank God someone in the household can feed the kids ;)

We had friends over for my birthday. Figured I wanted to keep them as friends, so I cooked. :covri:

We are smoking a fresh ham on the smoker today. I'm still not sure what I'm going to serve with it.

Jan
Sounds good, what time should I be over?

My niece graduated from SLU yesterday so we had a combo Mothers day/graduation day get together afterwards. 2 sacks of crawfish and I grilled filets for everyone. Lots of sides and deserts. Bueno.

saltpepp.JPG

mustard.JPG

medium.JPG

20 oz. Mennonite raised ribsteaks, salt/pepper/mustard, sear @ 670F or so, roast at 400 w/ 3 or 4 chunks of mesquite (lump charcoal, natch). Onion slices, portabellos, and some leftover cauliflower were the carbs.

Did 2.5 lbs of maple butter crusted salmon (Coho) on Sat, but I don't have pics of that one.

saltpepp.JPG

mustard.JPG

medium.JPG

20 oz. Mennonite raised ribsteaks, salt/pepper/mustard, sear @ 670F or so, roast at 400 w/ 3 or 4 chunks of mesquite (lump charcoal, natch). Onion slices, portabellos, and some leftover cauliflower were the carbs.

Did 2.5 lbs of maple butter crusted salmon (Coho) on Sat, but I don't have pics of that one.

Now see, that's what I'm talkin' about, Slick. My wife and I will probably split a 20 oz. tomorrow evening, with some baby carrots, broccoli, and grilled white onions. Tonight, however, it was grilled Tilapia, lightly seasoned with cracked black pepper and natural lemon juice, green beans, and brown rice for the family. The kids loved it. Man, I can grill everyday. :)

Last edited:

Well, my mother in law liked the salmon so much on Saturday that she requested it for this evening (i.e. supper on the last evening she'll be staying with us). Sorry about the megasaturated pics, the thing I used for layout made the pics super hot. Grilled direct on an elevated grid at 330F or so. Had brocoli and boiled eggs alongside. The glaze is equal parts maple syrup and butter, applied during the very last few minutes of cooking.
salmontriple.jpg

bs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom