Whatcha BBQ/grillin'? (1 Viewer)

Pics from this past weekends all-nighter featuring a 12 lb Choice brisket, wet aged about 30 days, and roughly an 8.5 lb pork butt. Packer cut into the fat cap on the flat, but luckily it didn't matter. Third pic is hamburgers I smoked 1.5 hours after taking the brisket off.

19141685678_103878f138_z.jpg

19333242971_fa9e3610ae_z.jpg

19143135339_99bf9fb82a_z.jpg

anyone smoke cheese successfully and/or regularly?

My wife wants me to try, but I haven't yet. It would take some work to set up my smoker to use for a cold smoke. Someday maybe. I not into lots of cheeses, so I have no urgency to try, lol.

From what I've read, cold and gentle smoke is best, and it's important to let the cheese mellow for several weeks after smoking.

I definitely ain't got time for that.

you have the time but you don't realize it. i was told by a great guy..the people that don't have a lot of time..make time.

If you really want to do something..you'll do it.....

it's called desire.

I saw this product on a BGE forum for trying a cold smoke.

A-MAZE-N Products, LLC

Interesting... I used products like this initially with a propane grill when I was starting out. Heat one side of the grill only, with a stainless box (tube) full of wood chips, let the cooking surface come up to temp and then cook on the opposite side of the grill from the flames.

It wasn't perfect, but it worked... (for those of you interested in seeing what all the fuss is about)

I smoked my first prime rid yesterday. Turned out awesome!

Simple rub of salt / pepper / garlic. Smoked with apple wood for about 2 hours till 122 degrees. Pulled them off and wrapped in foil than in towels and stuck them in a cooler for a couple of hours to finish coming up to temp and to rest.

Was a big hit, eveyone loved it.

Attachments

• rib_1.jpg
    rib_1.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 9
  • rib_3.jpg
    rib_3.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 9
  • done.jpg
    done.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 8
Looks fantastic! What IT did it hit at its peak? Looks medium. 140'ish?

Started out planning to do Tiger Cried (Thai) and told the wife the coals are hot, so when you go to the store get what you want....then beef and chicken fajitas were added to the mix....along with kick-butt grilled boudin as appetizer.

July 4th menu

-Hot Dogs (Oscar Mayer select all beef angus dogs)
-Smoked Boudin (Billy's boudin)
-Grilled Corn

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom