Whatcha BBQ/grillin'? (1 Viewer)

July 4th menu

-Hot Dogs (Oscar Mayer select all beef angus dogs)
-Smoked Boudin (Billy's boudin)
-Grilled Corn

We had the Select Angus dogs cooked over charcoal today...

These aren't your typical hot dog.

Then spent the evening with the kids watching the Zephyrs & fireworks show.

Good times :9:

I've been scratch making bacon. But pork belly is getting hard to find at a decent price. Last pork belly had skin attached, so made smoke cracklins too. Was awesome. I smoke something almost every weekend. This past weekend I did spare ribs but I cut the ribs before prepping and smoking. I would do this again. Cooked faster and rub/smoke gets on entire rib.

My smoker has been neglected since the new baby arrived... He's getting to that point where I can spend more time in the backyard though...

Just finished building my covered work area, so plan to sand down the smoker, repaint, and re-season.

I'm thinking a brisket might be on the menu this weekend.

I've been scratch making bacon. But pork belly is getting hard to find at a decent price. Last pork belly had skin attached, so made smoke cracklins too. Was awesome. I smoke something almost every weekend. This past weekend I did spare ribs but I cut the ribs before prepping and smoking. I would do this again. Cooked faster and rub/smoke gets on entire rib.

I've done that once and I will do it again. Definitely the best bacon I've ever had.

If you're local, I got pork belly at Rouse's (ask for it if you don't see it). I think it was only 3 or 4 bucks/lb.

I've done that once and I will do it again. Definitely the best bacon I've ever had.

If you're local, I got pork belly at Rouse's (ask for it if you don't see it). I think it was only 3 or 4 bucks/lb.

I'm in the Dallas area. My local Costco was selling them without skin for roughly $2.20/lb. They were cryovac sealed and usually about 10lbs each. But Costco being Costco, they stopped selling them. I've read some of the Asian grocery stores sell it so I need to try. It was the best bacon I've ever had as well.

I'm in the Dallas area. My local Costco was selling them without skin for roughly $2.20/lb. They were cryovac sealed and usually about 10lbs each. But Costco being Costco, they stopped selling them. I've read some of the Asian grocery stores sell it so I need to try. It was the best bacon I've ever had as well.

Restaurant Depot also has it, but I think you had to buy about 50lbs. Worth it if you plan on continuing to do bacon. It freezes well.

I need to do that again soon.

The issue with Restaurant Depot is you need a business license or tax-exempt certificate to join. I need to check the asian grocery stores and a specialty grocer I know that sells it. But I'm betting the place is north of $5/lb. I'm not paying that much for it.

BTW, if anyone injects pork butts, I used Tony's Creole butter with some added brown sugar on my last smoke. It was the best butt I'd every made. I had never thought to use Tony's in it before, but it rocked. I also used some of it in a brisket. I mixed up some Au Jus base with some Tony's Creole Butter. Again, it was the best brisket I ever made. I'm highly critical of my cooking and was pleased with both results. Just an fyi.

The issue with Restaurant Depot is you need a business license or tax-exempt certificate to join. I need to check the asian grocery stores and a specialty grocer I know that sells it. But I'm betting the place is north of $5/lb. I'm not paying that much for it.

You can also get unlimited day passes if you join KCBS.

Kansas City Barbeque Society

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iR-gU4-tEEM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last week I went to my favorite butcher shop and found myself drawn to a particula wagyu brisket. It was fantastic after 24 hours at 200 degrees on the Primo using the coolest bbq contraption ever made which is the cyberq.

While I was there, I may have accidentally purchased myself a 2" prime porter house and a couple filets for the girls. The porterhouse was the best thing I've eaten in months. The brisket was also quite good.

Anyone who's considering buying the cyberq, but afraid it's too expensive like I was for a while should just go ahead and buy it. It's worth every ridiculous cent.

Attachments

• 20160903_160927.jpg
    20160903_160927.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20160904_180910.jpg
    20160904_180910.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 12

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom