Whatcha cookin/eatin (2 Viewers)

We got the 8 qt, 9 in 1 Instant Pot model on a half price Boxing Day sale on Amazon. Haven't gotten it yet - but looking forward to it.

So keep feeding recommendations and experiments that work out

As for dinner today:

spiral cut ham - and I use a Dr Pepper/citrus/honey/worcestershire reduction glaze that I do each year. I :heart: Dr. Pepper, and the glaze turns out really well

sides are collard greens, black eyed peas, cornbread dressing, green bean casserole

dessert is pecan pie and ice cream

Ever since we moved up here and Canadian Thanksgiving is some half-arsed 'holiday' at the beginning of October, New Years Day has become the major, traditional meal of the year with all the complimentary sides.

I admire your effort on the ham - I’m kind of a Honey Baked (tm) junkie. We have one near the house and it’s just to damn easy and delicious to resist.

These days I pretty much pick one up for every eating holiday. And maybe another random one throughout the year.

huh. explain that (sounds awesome)
do you slice the meatballs?
what kind of bread?
panini press?

Nothing fancy.
Ready-made teriyaki-pineapple meatballs from Costco, sliced in half; butterbread (which is basically white bread, but yellow :hihi: ), slice of ultra sharp cheddar, slice of Swiss, schmiro of Miracle Whip (yes, I SAID IT, I said it), sprayed panini press with butter spray, and once the ridges of goodness made the correct sound when I ran my nail through them and had the correct level of toasty deliciousness, I ate it. :)

Nothing fancy.
Ready-made teriyaki-pineapple meatballs from Costco, sliced in half; butterbread (which is basically white bread, but yellow :hihi: ), slice of ultra sharp cheddar, slice of Swiss, schmiro of Miracle Whip (yes, I SAID IT, I said it), sprayed panini press with butter spray, and once the ridges of goodness made the correct sound when I ran my nail through them and had the correct level of toasty deliciousness, I ate it. :)
my apologies for assuming i was talking to a sane person

Ribeye roast on the Big Easy Oilless fryer. Was gonna put it on the Egg but got lazy and didn’t feel like it. Roasted cauliflower. Dessert is Makers and Coke Zero.

Keeping it old school simple in the Casa de MLU: Black eye peas, cabbage both slow cooked with smoked turkey wings and cornbread in a cast iron skillet to finish the meal.

We got the 8 qt, 9 in 1 Instant Pot model on a half price Boxing Day sale on Amazon. Haven't gotten it yet - but looking forward to it.

Y'all are gonna love that man. I got one, last year, for Miyako and she uses it at least a couple times a month. That and the Sous Vide circulator are the most used kitchen gadgets we have.

I got her a Vitamix blender for Christmas so I'm hoping we get that into our diet rotation soon..

As for our New Years, we're keeping it simple with chicken fajitas. I don't think we'll be doing anything big meals until the Saints first playoff game.

I’m so digging the instant pot. We got it for Xmas last year but didn’t open it until yesterday. I had been saving up bacon grease and pork bits so I had them for my cabbage and black-eyed peas.

I got an onion, a jalapeño, and some chicken broth yesterday and got working last night. After the prep, I cooked the cabbage last night - cooking time (after a few minutes to get to pressure) was three minutes. And the texture was perfect and after sitting overnight, the flavor was awesome.

Then today, after the soaking the peas overnight, I sautéd the onions, garlic, and pepper in the bacon grease and pork pieces, then added the broth and peas, flipped it to high pressure and after five minute cook time, they were just perfect (cooked enough to get a little pasty in the juice but while still having a touch of al-dente’ to most of the peas). Five freakin’ minutes!

Those are both dishes that take an hour or more on the cooktop, or six-plus hours in the crock-pot.

I’m definitely going to be experimenting more with that thing.

Got one for Black Friday.

Saturday I made beef stew in 45 min.

That Sunday I made a roast in 60 min.

Both came out so much better than expected.. Since then made veggie soup and another beef stew. We love it for good meals within an hour.

Agree with Oye if anyone has go to recipes please post em

Did a beef roast in the crock pot. Potatoes, onions, carrots. Pan seared the beef with salt, pepper and herbs. I like simplicity, let the meal cook its self.

My wife made biscuits and gravy for breakfast. I think it was the first time shes done that.

Lamb chops, baked potato sweet potato pie . Spent a week gobbling fridge leftovers ,and starting Nutrisystem in the morn. . Ill drop 50 for our family reunion in July . My cholesterol level is high.

So keep feeding recommendations and experiments that work out

As for dinner today:

spiral cut ham - and I use a Dr Pepper/citrus/honey/worcestershire reduction glaze that I do each year. I :heart: Dr. Pepper, and the glaze turns out really well

sides are collard greens, black eyed peas, cornbread dressing, green bean casserole

dessert is pecan pie and ice cream

Ever since we moved up here and Canadian Thanksgiving is some half-arsed 'holiday' at the beginning of October, New Years Day has become the major, traditional meal of the year with all the complimentary sides.
can i drop in for leftovers?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom