Whatcha cookin/eatin (2 Viewers)

can i drop in for leftovers?

you're welcome anytime... I can't guarantee that I can get Doug Ford to stop by, too, but it's an open invitation nonetheless

I admire your effort on the ham - I’m kind of a Honey Baked (tm) junkie. We have one near the house and it’s just to damn easy and delicious to resist.

These days I pretty much pick one up for every eating holiday. And maybe another random one throughout the year.

I get one also anytime i can around the holidays. I also get one randomly but it almost always involves football.

Try some honey baked ham on sister schubert rolls( frozen food section). Add cheese and honey mustard or mustard if you are into all of that. I can just eat the rolls and ham. When i am watching football over the holidays that is all i want. I might even grab me one for the playoffs. Talk about food for days.

I get one also anytime i can around the holidays. I also get one randomly but it almost always involves football.

Try some honey baked ham on sister schubert rolls( frozen food section). Add cheese and honey mustard or mustard if you are into all of that. I can just eat the rolls and ham. When i am watching football over the holidays that is all i want. I might even grab me one for the playoffs. Talk about food for days.

I had honey-baked for breakfast this morning. I also had some with a glass of milk before bed last night. I submit that there are very few foods that are entirely comfortable and delcious and literally any time of day or any meal/snack.

Late to the game, but New Years is probably one of my favorite meals of the year. It always brings me back to New Years at my grandma's which is the only time of year she made her cabbage rolls. This was our menu this year:

-Thin-cut fried pork chops (Wife has a secret seasoning mix that is phenominal!)
-Sautéed cabbage with bacon & onion
-Blackeyed peas slow cooked with hamhock
-Rice for the peas
-Mexican cornbread

Last edited:
I admire your effort on the ham - I’m kind of a Honey Baked (tm) junkie. We have one near the house and it’s just to damn easy and delicious to resist.

These days I pretty much pick one up for every eating holiday. And maybe another random one throughout the year.
we used to grab lunch from there in a hurry. decent ham sammiches and others. pretty cheap too, especially if you play the punch card game just right.

I had honey-baked for breakfast this morning. I also had some with a glass of milk before bed last night. I submit that there are very few foods that are entirely comfortable and delcious and literally any time of day or any meal/snack.

I do not get this fascination with honey baked ham. First, most of it is brown sugar mixed with water because honey doesn't come in powder form, but aside from that, ham is naturally delicious with salty goodness.

Everytime my wife come home from the grocery store with quarter thick slices of "honey ham" I die a little inside and have to maintain my own stash of plain old Chichesi or whatever they call plain ham these days.

I never understood putting chocolate sauce on hookers either.

I do not get this fascination with honey baked ham. First, most of it is brown sugar mixed with water because honey doesn't come in powder form, but aside from that, ham is naturally delicious with salty goodness.

Everytime my wife come home from the grocery store with quarter thick slices of "honey ham" I die a little inside and have to maintain my own stash of plain old Chichesi or whatever they call plain ham these days.

I’m not really referring to honey ham or even honey-baked ham in general. I can usually take or leave that generic stuff. Sometimes it’s actually a negative on the ham, IMO.

But Honey-Baked (tm) ham is crack.

my grandfather would spend a few hours prepping his ham. dijon, a bunch of things, whatever else. it wasn’t much, if any, sweeter than the ham itself (other than the crystallized crust).

that is the ham i miss :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom