Whatcha cookin/eatin (3 Viewers)

I do not get this fascination with honey baked ham. First, most of it is brown sugar mixed with water because honey doesn't come in powder form, but aside from that, ham is naturally delicious with salty goodness.

Everytime my wife come home from the grocery store with quarter thick slices of "honey ham" I die a little inside and have to maintain my own stash of plain old Chichesi or whatever they call plain ham these days.

I never understood putting chocolate sauce on hookers either.
this post would make much more sense if praline bacon wasn't one of top 5 best things to do with your tongue

trying red beans and rice in the Instant Pot tomorrow and will report back. This is the InstantPot thread, right?

it is an instantpot thread

200.gif

Meatball spaghetti in the Instapot, first time and it turned out good.
oye too...
are these done together?
do you put the protein & starch in separate areas?
or are y'all just saying "and rice" or "spaghetti" and just assuming non instantpotters will understand?

oye too...
are these done together?
or are y'all just saying "and rice" or "spaghetti" and just assuming non instantpotters will understand?

I have no idea how it works. I put rice into it and pressed the rice button and waited. And it was just really hot rice by the end. I put eggs into it and pressed the egg button and it was just a mess. And I put a cake into it and pressed the cake button and got goo.

So I think there's more to it than that, but I haven't quite unlocked it yet.

I have no idea how it works. I put rice into it and pressed the rice button and waited. And it was just really hot rice by the end. I put eggs into it and pressed the egg button and it was just a mess. And I put a cake into it and pressed the cake button and got goo.

So I think there's more to it than that, but I haven't quite unlocked it yet.
did you take the cake out of the box?

did you take the cake out of the box?

look, man, the button says "cake" and the box said "cake." What more can I be expected to do?

I assumed this machine of convenience is supposed to do the rest. Otherwise, what's the point?

look, man, the button says "cake" and the box said "cake." What more can I be expected to do?

I assumed this machine of convenience is supposed to do the rest. Otherwise, what's the point?
actually had a student in grad school would said she couldn't and her proof was the she ruined rice-a-roni
when the befuddled class asked how her response was "well it said put all contents in boiling water"...
yup. she put a cardboard box of rice-a-roni into a pot of boiling water

oye too...
are these done together?

Put the meatballs in the bottom
Added a can of dice tomatoes
Put the uncooked pasta on top
Poured the spaghetti sauce on top
Filled the spaghetti jar with water, added it

Put the Instapot on manual mode for 9 minutes

Came out perfect

Made a 24 hr sous vide chuck tender roast the other night. First thing I'd done with the sous vide. Came out really tender and moist, although a little more done than I expected.

Got a New Years present at Walmart the other day when I found an Angus prime rib for $25. Going to sous vide it tomorrow.

20190102_175950.jpg20190102_180210.jpg20190101_102029.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom