Whatcha cookin/eatin (1 Viewer)

so, here it is -

ingredients were a pound and a half of *dry* red kidney beans, a pound and a half of sausage, an onion, 4 stalks celery, etc. Just to give you an idea of volume.

Total time, including prep, and cooking is an hour and a half. And over an hour of that was just sitting here, doing other work (akin to the crock pot, but much shorter). And no dishes to speak of. Stove wasn't even turned on.

And it's delicious.

There are some things I would change for next time - esp to get a bigger batch (mine is the large 8 qt version and it was just a bit over halfway full) - but this was incredibly clean and simple.

lp4mew3.jpg

so, here it is -

ingredients were a pound and a half of *dry* red kidney beans, a pound and a half of sausage, an onion, 4 stalks celery, etc. Just to give you an idea of volume.

Total time, including prep, and cooking is an hour and a half. And over an hour of that was just sitting here, doing other work (akin to the crock pot, but much shorter). And no dishes to speak of. Stove wasn't even turned on.

And it's delicious.

There are some things I would change for next time - esp to get a bigger batch (mine is the large 8 qt version and it was just a bit over halfway full) - but this was incredibly clean and simple.

lp4mew3.jpg
looks like it came out good. i’m not reading all of that though.

oye..doc, yes, no, good, bad. then you have my attention. <3

I attempted to make potato candy last night.

The less said about that particular experiment, the better. How I screwed up something with THREE ingredients is beyond me. I wasn't even stoned.
i wasn’t high either and about ten years ago, i boiled noodles....without water. i’ve tried making pancakes on the grill, literally, on the grill. sigh.

let us be the judge of that

It's bad enough that I admitted to it. The entire mess was figuratively thrown into the river and the river diverted to North Carolina. Can't contaminate my adopted home state.

i wasn’t high either and about ten years ago, i boiled noodles....without water. i’ve tried making pancakes on the grill, literally, on the grill. sigh.

That's...actually impressive. Kudos.

New Year’s Day food is good times. Some classic dishes, some regional embellishments . . . some treasured family recipes and room for new exploration.

I picked up a ham yesterday (en lieu of corned beef). Made my cabbage last night. My sister is making the cornbread and I’m trying take take black-eyed peas to exciting new places (and probably won’t get there).

on New Years day in Scotland we normally have steak pie, mashed potatoes and some veg like carrots, peas

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom