Whatcha cookin/eatin (1 Viewer)

how is that different than the other days?
um, you can't cook that everyday. you would quickly run out off usable meat. pigs are almost completely useless.

austraila:
every day meat: mutton, lamb, beef, then chicken (though, there are several different cuts of meat prior). somewhere in there is also the lowest cuts of sheep then cows.

expect to eat a lot of small pies for lunch, cereal (which is far different than what we call in states; mostly weetabix. a solid chunk of whatever the "brick" is).

dimsims = dumplings and they are the greatest things in the world. chinese dumplings made in a standing shape, instead of the banana shape. most are a mixture of whatever there is a sheep of . salt on top.

(tea, or late tea) meal. tea or evening tea, this is most likely meant as dinner as we know it.

breakfast = is rather normal, except for vegemite (ewww). cereal, eggs toast meat etc.

lunch is usually a pie, like "4 and twenty" whatever is ready, or can be a hot dog (a buttered roll, heated on a heated stainless steel spike, (similar to hot dog meat) sausage, and sauce (shiity heinz).

inner (tea) = can be literally anything.

Last edited:
Sous vide Angus prime rib tonight.

Immersed and cooking at 132° for 6 hours. Seasoned and seared in a cast iron skillet for a little bit on each side. Then finished in the skillet in the oven for 15 minutes. Probably more done than most would like, but it was most excellent.

20190106_170900.jpg20190106_172131.jpg20190106_173836.jpg

What you got for tomorrow?

I’m going to make Parasol’s roast beef po-boys. The recipe is known ever since the it was on that Guy Fieri show a few years ago. It’s a little unexpected, you boil the meat tender, with no seasoning - it’s all in the gravy.

I’m going to use the instant-pot to replace the boil phase, probably taking 90 minutes down to about 10. But I’m not sure about the the second phase (90 minutes in the oven with meat and gravy), the oven heat might be good for texture?

A restaurant here gets Leidenheimer flown in. I told the manager what I was doing and he sold me four loaves. It’s so hard to get good po-boy bread away from Nola, this alone gives it a chance of being legit. Throw on the old-school shredded ice-berg lettuce, some tomato slices, dill slices, and mayo . . . I’m optimistic.

http://www.nolacuisine.com/2009/07/21/parasols-style-roast-beef-po-boy-recipe/

I'm drinking some bogus "gourmet" small batch artisinal coffee allegedly from Ethiopia. It's sort of green and tastes like it's green in the same way as baby diapers can be green.

I love to try new things, but even cream and sugar can't help this stuff, but somehow I'm still drinking it. Hopefully it will fortify me for the 3 hour ride I've got to make in a minute.

F' Da Eagles!

I doubt if I cook today, but made some excellent smothered pork chops yesterday. Brined them for 12 hours with an anise brine, first time using that and really liked it. Smothered them in an onion gravy, baked for two hours. Turned out well. It was a Sam Sifton recipe from NYT.

Not very New Orleans, not very football, but man I have a craving for fajitas. So I think that’s what is on the menu today

Got Eagle in the Crockpot.. I kinda lazy today.

After reading all of your food choices, as I leave two fast food restaurants, I feel like a college kid. Or a teenager. Or something other than the 35 yr old man my DL says I am. I should have cooked ☹️

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom