Whatcha playing? (1 Viewer)

huh?? Fallout 4 is essentially Skyrim with guns...

The Witcher 3 is very similar but better in almost every way...and you can usually get the base game plus both expansions for like $15
I like Fallout 4 just fine, but I assumed he was talking about that fantasy setting (I have a buddy who had a hard time getting into Fallout because "it's just different finding treasure in a chest rather than a locker") If I'm wrong, then yeah, Fallout is pretty close.

Witcher is tougher. I like Witcher a lot and I wouldn't argue against someone calling it 'better', but it does play way differently with very different game mechanics and customization elements. I mean, sometimes you want to run through the world and kill dragons as a hot chick.

Skyrim is definitely the game I've put the most hours into and I would second the Witcher 3 recommendation. I got deep into crafting in Skyrim. I had special armor to make the potions that I would take for crafting buffs and then put on my special crafting armor to craft the actual armor I wanted. It was an addiction.
I'm in the minority when it comes to Fallout though. Never really could get into it for some reason.

I like Fallout 4 just fine, but I assumed he was talking about that fantasy setting (I have a buddy who had a hard time getting into Fallout because "it's just different finding treasure in a chest rather than a locker") If I'm wrong, then yeah, Fallout is pretty close.

Witcher is tougher. I like Witcher a lot and I wouldn't argue against someone calling it 'better', but it does play way differently with very different game mechanics and customization elements. I mean, sometimes you want to run through the world and kill dragons as a hot chick.

Not necessarily in a fantasy setting but that type of movement and such. Just overall like this type.

AP

Skyrim is definitely the game I've put the most hours into and I would second the Witcher 3 recommendation. I got deep into crafting in Skyrim. I had special armor to make the potions that I would take for crafting buffs and then put on my special crafting armor to craft the actual armor I wanted. It was an addiction.
I'm in the minority when it comes to Fallout though. Never really could get into it for some reason.

I have never been able to get into Fallout. Not sure if it's the setting, all to specific stuff with where you hit someone, or the fact that I could never tell what I was supposed to keep and what I was supposed to throw away. But, I just never liked any of the versions I played.

I also played a few hours of The Witcher 3 and couldn't get into it. It just seemed to linear and the upgrades were all over the place and the menus were not intuitive. On the other hand, I have played through Skyrim three times now. It's definitely showing its age, but it's still a great game.

I have never been able to get into Fallout. Not sure if it's the setting, all to specific stuff with where you hit someone, or the fact that I could never tell what I was supposed to keep and what I was supposed to throw away. But, I just never liked any of the versions I played.

I also played a few hours of The Witcher 3 and couldn't get into it. It just seemed to linear and the upgrades were all over the place and the menus were not intuitive. On the other hand, I have played through Skyrim three times now. It's definitely showing its age, but it's still a great game.
After white orchard, it is very non linear. There are pockets of events you should do, but you have flexibility.

And they changed the menu. Took me a while to get used to it.

Witcher 3 is probably the best rpg made.

I'm with widge on Skyrim over Witcher. I just love the open world style of skyrim so much more. though i still found witcher fun. I still need to beat witcher. slowly playing it on the switch now.

I just picked up Diablo 3 for ps4. 20 bucks in shop. I know most probably played this on PC but I actually really enjoyed the Baldurs gate games on console. I played them on PC too. Both fun but completely dif pace. I hope this compares favorably to that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom