Whatever I just watched is not LSU football (1 Viewer)

I certainly understand why he lost so much staff, but I don't understand how he replaced them by not interviewing people. Then he fires those guys and hires two coordinators that have never called plays before.

I think O has been given plenty of opportunity and squandered it all...
I will agree that he is quick to pull the trigger. After Les Miles was fired, that same season the offense started to attack more and improve. After that he fired (or demoted) the offensive coordinator at the time, I can't remember his name but he hired Matt Canada - which was a complete failure. After that he brought the original OC back, brought in Burrow and in 2019 hired Joe Brady.

Personally I thought 2018 offense was good and was confused why he tried to implement a short passing game similar to the Saints, but I didn't argue with the results.

I said all that to say since he lost his staff and what was working in 2019, he needed time and find good coaches to get it going. He tried to hired Ryan Nelson but that was blocked, so he had to go to plan C or D lol.

If he lasts another season, I assume he will make changes again.

I will agree that he is quick to pull the trigger. After Les Miles was fired, that same season the offense started to attack more and improve. After that he fired (or demoted) the offensive coordinator at the time, I can't remember his name but he hired Matt Canada - which was a complete failure. After that he brought the original OC back, brought in Burrow and in 2019 hired Joe Brady.

Personally I thought 2018 offense was good and was confused why he tried to implement a short passing game similar to the Saints, but I didn't argue with the results.

I said all that to say since he lost his staff and what was working in 2019, he needed time and find good coaches to get it going. He tried to hired Ryan Nelson but that was blocked, so he had to go to plan C or D lol.

If he lasts another season, I assume he will make changes again.
He's not lasting another season.

He's not lasting another season.
I think the remaining schedule will seal his fate.
There's little chance he will win more than 4 games this season. But to me it's not as much about losing as it is about how inept the team looks in practically every phase of the game. With the exception of the kicker & punter positions, there is little else to hang our LSU hats on this year. And there aren't a lot of positives waiting in the wings of this program. :covri:

It's been a collapse of epic proportions. And LSU fans aren't handling it well.

I agree. I do however think two of Burrow's best games and a good indication of what he could be leader/talent wise was the TAMU game and the UCF game. TAMU just showed shear guts/grit and leadership. UCF game showed stone cold killer competitiveness after the cheap shot.

I felt the same way. Loved Burrow's toughness and leadership, no questioning that but he was not consistently accurate throwing the ball....Then 2019 and Joe Brady came on board, and all of a sudden the confidence in the play-calling skyrockets and the guy can't miss....remarkable really....

The LSU community was on top of the world 24 months ago and everyone was eating, drinking, and sleeping LSU football. Two years ago it was all I could do to get tickets to be at the Florida game in Tiger Stadium, and I was proud to be in that number.

Fast forward to 2021 and I have already had two companies wanting to comp me some tickets to go see the game in Baton Rouge. I passed because I have already made plans to play golf on Saturday afternoon instead. Deliberately missing a big SEC rivalry game is not something I would EVER have dreamed that I would have refused in my lifetime. As a big Tigers fan, I was almost feeling ashamed of myself for doing so.

But I read this article and now I'm not feeling so bad:

Yep folks, it's definitely time for a change.

I think the remaining schedule will seal his fate.
There's little chance he will win more than 4 games this season. But to me it's not as much about losing as it is about how inept the team looks in practically every phase of the game. With the exception of the kicker & punter positions, there is little else to hang our LSU hats on this year. And there aren't a lot of positives waiting in the wings of this program. :covri:

It's been a collapse of epic proportions. And LSU fans aren't handling it well.
I think his fate is sealed and LSU will only win 1 more game his season.

The LSU community was on top of the world 24 months ago and everyone was eating, drinking, and sleeping LSU football. Two years ago it was all I could do to get tickets to be at the Florida game in Tiger Stadium, and I was proud to be in that number.

Fast forward to 2021 and I have already had two companies wanting to comp me some tickets to go see the game in Baton Rouge. I passed because I have already made plans to play golf on Saturday afternoon instead. Deliberately missing a big SEC rivalry game is not something I would EVER have dreamed that I would have refused in my lifetime. As a big Tigers fan, I was almost feeling ashamed of myself for doing so.

Even if we were doing well, i would not attend the Florida game tomorrow.. Why ? Becuase, speaking of the thread title, ‘This is not LSU football’- kickoff is at 11am ! I actually boycotted a couple of home games in 2017 and 2018 for the same reason.. so theyre not putting us in that time slot just becuase we’re playing atrocious football, it happens even when we’re doing relatively well.. For LSU to kickoff even earlier than a Saints game gives fans almost zero time to tailgate, and takes almost every ounce of allure and intrigue out of the Tiger Stadium experience.. I fully realize it doesnt have as much to do with LSU as it does with the SEC and television contracts, where we are subjected to the whims of the almightyy dollar.. but it seems as though people like Alleva didnt even TRY to stand up for the most sacred LSU traditions…. I was hopeful the new AD Woodward would help LSU get back to the almost-all night game atmospheres , with the occasional 2:30pm kick... but of course, now he has much, much larger issues to deal with.

Even if we were doing well, i would not attend the Florida game tomorrow.. Why ? Becuase, speaking of the thread title, ‘This is not LSU football’- kickoff is at 11am ! I actually boycotted a couple of home games in 2017 and 2018 for the same reason.. so theyre not putting us in that time slot just becuase we’re playing atrocious football, it happens even when we’re doing relatively well.. For LSU to kickoff even earlier than a Saints game gives fans almost zero time to tailgate, and takes almost every ounce of allure and intrigue out of the Tiger Stadium experience.. I fully realize it doesnt have as much to do with LSU as it does with the SEC and television contracts, where we are subjected to the whims of the almightyy dollar.. but it seems as though people like Alleva didnt even TRY to stand up for the most sacred LSU traditions…. I was hopeful the new AD Woodward would help LSU get back to the almost-all night game atmospheres , with the occasional 2:30pm kick... but of course, now he has much, much larger issues to deal with.
While this is true, when LSU was playing competitive football, it would still be worth the early drive for me to be in attendance. I believe the apathy, indifference, and general lack of interest in this traditional SEC rivalry game has more to do with the current state of the program rather than the time we are being forced to start the game.

Let's face it, if the Tigers (and Florida for that matter) were actually in the hunt this season all the networks would have been chomping at the bit to put this game on their prime time schedule. Winning has a way of solving this kickoff time issue. If this was most any other FBS rivalry game, it may not even be getting the exposure this one is receiving. It's just hard to polish a turd.

While this is true, when LSU was playing competitive football, it would still be worth the early drive for me to be in attendance

Disagree, since im not a morning person.. different strokes, i guess.. i just never want it to feel like a chore to go to a football game.. i want to sleep in, tailgate then go to the game and stay up late into Sunday morning… Same with Saints games, which is why i prefer prime time games and 3pm kicks over Noon kickoffs.

. I believe the apathy, indifference, and general lack of interest in this traditional SEC rivalry game has more to do with the current state of the program rather than the time we are being forced to start the game.

Agree.

took wife n kids to Auburn game.

My oldest had to work til 4- and i told her SOON as you get home we need to get on the road to BR - parking was in Lot 309 ( near the engineering bldg )

She saunters in at 435 and still has to shower. I said we on road by 5 or you stayin home.

We left at 510.

I was in spot at 620.

Its been a LOOOOOOOOOONG time since ive gone to an SEC match up where i met ZERO traffic to get ON CAMPUS. I can only imagine its gotten worse since we look like a team going thru the motions.

oh and Fla favored by 11. Mullins is gonna try and post 50 on us. Just because.

took wife n kids to Auburn game.

My oldest had to work til 4- and i told her SOON as you get home we need to get on the road to BR - parking was in Lot 309 ( near the engineering bldg )

She saunters in at 435 and still has to shower. I said we on road by 5 or you stayin home.

We left at 510.

I was in spot at 620.

Its been a LOOOOOOOOOONG time since ive gone to an SEC match up where i met ZERO traffic to get ON CAMPUS. I can only imagine its gotten worse since we look like a team going thru the motions.

oh and Fla favored by 11. Mullins is gonna try and post 50 on us. Just because.

Man, that is hard to believe. .. and depressing.. Covington to LSU engineering bldg in 70 minutes, for an SEC night game……. Sounds about like how it was when i was a student at LSU, which just happened to be the worst two seasons in the 150 plus year history of the program.. the Curley Hallman years.. even as a student , i dont even think we had to buy tickets, jsut show our student ID , and maybe pay 2 or 3 bucks .. from what i understand, up until the last year or two, during most of the Saban/Miles/Orgeron eras- students had to enter a lottery style drawing just to be able to get into the student section… So maybe all this is the reason ive given Orgeron more slack than many LSU fans, becuase most of the fanbase remembers the relative glory years of McClendon, Arnsparger et al, whereas my memories from my time in school there were of a horrible brand of football, wining maybe 3 or 4 games a year, under Hallman.. So i was just so thankful to Ed for 2019, after living thru the nightmare of 1991/92.. honestly, the saddest thing isnt that it was a nightmare back then, it was just that no one really cared, and LSU football became almost irrelevant.

I hate 11am games.
Man, that is hard to believe. .. and depressing.. Covington to LSU engineering bldg in 70 minutes, for an SEC night game……. Sounds about like how it was when i was a student at LSU, which just happened to be the worst two seasons in the 150 plus year history of the program.. the Curley Hallman years.. even as a student , i dont even think we had to buy tickets, jsut show our student ID , and maybe pay 2 or 3 bucks .. from what i understand, up until the last year or two, during most of the Saban/Miles/Orgeron eras- students had to enter a lottery style drawing just to be able to get into the student section… So maybe all this is the reason ive given Orgeron more slack than many LSU fans, becuase most of the fanbase remembers the relative glory years of McClendon, Arnsparger et al, whereas my memories from my time in school there were of a horrible brand of football, wining maybe 3 or 4 games a year, under Hallman.. So i was just so thankful to Ed for 2019, after living thru the nightmare of 1991/92.. honestly, the saddest thing isnt that it was a nightmare back then, it was just that no one really cared, and LSU football became almost irrelevant.
I was there at the same time during the Hallman error. The best game was the night game against #1 Florida St where it poured buckets at halftime, and LSU was winning. Of course, FSU came back to win, but it was the best game I saw as a student.

I was there at the same time during the Hallman error. The best game was the night game against #1 Florida St where it poured buckets at halftime, and LSU was winning. Of course, FSU came back to win, but it was the best game I saw as a student.

Ditto.. That night is actually one of my fondest college memories.. running back to my dormitory from Tiger Stadium with my friends and my new girlfriend, with, as you said, the skies completely opening up and drenching us all, but not caring becuase it seemed like life couldn’t get much better.. i think i still have the ticket stub from that game.. it would have been nice to have a better football team to root for, but what lessened the pain is having an exciting baskeball team, with Shaquille breaking glass backboards at the PMAC. 👍

Holding it at 11AM is a gaurantee
I think his fate is sealed and LSU will only win 1 more game his season.
Ok, 2 more games...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom