Whats going on with Lito Sheppard? (1 Viewer)

waazup

Marques Colston's #1 Fan
Reaction score
Isn't Lito on the trading block? I haven't heard any news on him for weeks. After seeing DeAngelo Hall go for a 2nd and a 6th, maybe we can get Lito for a 2nd, possibly a 3rd? Whatever it is, shouldn't we be making some offers for Lito? He is an elite man cover corner, and that just what we need, other than a DT.

Why are we so obsessed with a guy who was just demoted? If we get him, I think he'll be an upgrade at the number 2 corner spot, but he isn't an elite cover corner, and there are probably less expensive ($ and draft choices) ways of filling out our corner roster.

This guy is a probowler who has been plagued by injuries. He's a top 5 corner when healthy. If we are willing to give Morgan and Vilma a chance, then why not Lito?

Vilma is a top 5 MLB when healthy and I think is worth a 4th round pick to see if he's healthy. Morgan cost us nothing in terms of picks and almost nothing in salary. I don't agree with you that Sheppard is a top 5 corner even when healthy. I think you're overrating his impact. If we could get him for a third, I'd probably move on it. Otherwise, I'm holding onto my high 2nd round pick and paying that guy 2nd round pick money for the next four years.

This guy is a probowler who has been plagued by injuries. He's a top 5 corner when healthy. If we are willing to give Morgan and Vilma a chance, then why not Lito?

I agree. Sheppard would be a tremendous upgrade over david and craft.

Lito Shepperd is a "top 5" CB in one regard:

Worst Success Rate
Jason David, NO: 32%
Stanley Wilson, DET: 36%
Johnathan Joseph, CIN: 39%
Leon Hall, CIN: 40%
Drayton Florence, SD: 41%
Marlin Jackson, IND: 41%
Lito Sheppard, PHI:

I would rather watch Usama mature as a corner than bring in a declining Lito.

Worst Success Rate
Lito Sheppard, PHI:

I came here to post this

He was good 2-3 years ago, but it has now been 4 straight years missing serious time due to injury. Couple that with his terrible season last year even when healthy, him being replaced by the Eagles (one of the smartest orgs in football), and what looks to be a high asking price contract and draft pick wise and I'd pass on him.

It is also very unlikely the Eagles trade him to anyone in the NFC, especially a team that looks to compete with them in the playoffs or for a playoff spot. If he is traded it'll be like Hall and he'll be sent to the AFC or a bottom dweller NFC team.

Worst Success Rate
Lito Sheppard, PHI:

Does anyone know how they get these numbers? I dont keep up with what all the teams play, but do alot of these corners play on teams that play man coverage. Just asking because if these corners play man then of course their success rate would got down. They wouldnt have a safety to rely on alot of the times. It also seems like alot of the times the blame would be put on a S and wouldnt go against their success rate. Am i understanding it right, if not could someone explain.
Man = Lower success rate
Zone = Higher success rate
( as far as corners go )

Worst Success Rate
Lito Sheppard, PHI: 42 %?

Exactly, lets thank God we didn't draft Leon Hall, or go after Sheppard or Florence, since they would of been another Jason David. If we had a pass-rush to help out David he wouldn't had got exposed so many times last year, but he's still garbage in the man.

Isn't Lito on the trading block? I haven't heard any news on him for weeks.

Let's see here. Lito Sheppard is demoted to the nickel corner; he's not exactly a rookie anymore; no other teams seem to be beating the door down to trade for him. In fact, there doesn't even seem to be a mild interest in trading for his services.

But you think we should spend a high draft pick on him?

These people, not only the Saints' FO, know more about what they are doing than anyone on this board does. They have people who get paid to know what's what in the area of NFL personnel. The fact that he's not a hot topic should be a warning flag, not a "we gotta get him now" flag. The Patriots, who have a history of bringing in aging players and getting more out of them than nearly any other team could rightfully expect to do AND who could use some secondary help after losing three DB's to free agency, are not even calling for the price, it seems.

But you think we should spend a high draft pick on him?

Say "No!" to Lito Sheppard. I say he's damaged goods, which is why nobody seems to be calling the Eagles for what they might be interested in for him in a trade.

i see the eagles waiting until the draft to deal lito.

seems like Philys FA acqusitions eventually bust there. (Ala.. Wash)
TO, D Howard, J Kearse, T Spikes, H Thomas, Dhani Jones, Donte Stallworth among others,
so maybe Lito is better than expected b/c apparently Philly doesnt develop players that well.

A Samuel is next !

BTW, Philly picked up Jamal Jones ex Saint.

Worst Success Rate
Lito Sheppard, PHI:

1 year. Yeah, 1 year. Try again.

I would swap picks in the 2nd and 3rd round with the eagles and pick up Lito. seems fair.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom