What's gonna happen to Deuce? (1 Viewer)

DUDE THIS IS LIKE THE 400th Deuce thread! Everything about Deuce has been discussed to death!.
Pick one and post there or maybe your answer may be found in one of those older threads, the Search feature here is an amazing tool.

And don't call me a Moron!

Congrats guys you managed to jack my thread and contribute nothing. I guess even trolls exsist here. Anyone think we might see a New running back in NO next year? Or is the message board full of morons?

"Your thread" didn't pose any questions that hadn't been previously discussed ad nauseum over the past several months.

Hello everyone, I fairly new to posting but I do drop in and see what everyone is discussing from time to time. I haven't anything posted about Deuce other than his roster bonus being moved back to April. Well it got me thinking, What happens if Deuce can't go next year. I think Deuce is a graet player and would love to see him back but let's face it, football is buisness. What happens if Deuce is cut? Were does the team go from there? I don't reggie can handle the rock full time and I'm not sold on stecker either. Do you think the Saints might bring in a free agent? Kevin Jones, formally of detroit maybe? The rumors about the Seahawks wanting to trade Shawn Alexander seems interesting. What about a running back with that #10 pick? If Mcfadden slips I would be exstatic. I really hate to see it but we might not see Deuce in the backfeild next year. Well what do you guys, and gals think???I would love to hear your opinion.

No to Alexander..he's finished. Jones, as talented as he is, has been hurt as much as Deuce the last couple years and I don't see the point in replacing one injured player for another. The answer on Deuce and our RB corps will be shown on draft day. If we make a concerted effort to move up in any round and draft a RB or if we spend a 2nd on Forte or Stewart, etc., which Mike D thinks would be a great move, I think that spells the end for either Deuce or Stecker. If Deuce holds up through training camp and pre-season, I think Stecker would be done, if Stecker looks good and Deuce doesn't, I expect Deuce to get cut.

IMO, the draft will answer tons of questions about where this team is headed in a lot of directions.

And, it's not wise to call out the forum ever and especially for a newbie.....just sayin:idunno:

DUDE THIS IS LIKE THE 400th Deuce thread! Everything about Deuce has been discussed to death!.
Pick one and post there or maybe your answer may be found in one of those older threads, the Search feature here is an amazing tool.

And don't call me a Moron!

Can I call you Shirley????????????

give the OP a break, he's new here and asked a question that's on his mind... nobody really knows what's up with deuce yet, but my guess is they'll pay him this year (assuming he can come back)...

Well in my defense, thank you for those who had offered insightful information. I do think the draft will answer that question. He's hoping for Mendenhall.

To those who I might have offended using....god forbid the "M" word...my apologies. What would you expect, ask a serious question and people start talking about flushing a deuce. If the shoe fits.......

I wonder if there might be any other free agent RB that might be able to carry deuce's load if he doesn't make it. I can't really think of any at the moment.

Oh and thanks for telling me about the search function, I've been searching but haven't found it, but hey I'll keep searching.

IMHO I think our RB's are set for next year. Bush will catch passes, Deuce will be in for short yardage, PT will get the majority of the carries, and Steck will be there just in case. Deuce's knee is a concern. That said, he never did cut very much anyway, so he may not be as adversly affected as other RB's would be. That said, i wholeheartedly agree that the draft will answer a ton of questions. If MM isn't going to be ready at any point this year, we will co CB in the first. If he is, we will go elsewhere. If we do go RB, it will be in the middle rounds. We need DT and CB badly. TE, RT, and OLB also seem to be more pressing needs than a RB. Unless D McFadden drops to us and we are to dumb to trade down, why would we draft PT's backup in college when we have PT? More likely we will get a Jacob Hester-type of player in the 4th or so, and Deuce will still be a Saint in '08. I hope.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom