Whats is the holdup on Nnamdi? (1 Viewer)

He is already getting 4 mill from Philly this year with his release. So the going rate for corners this offseason has been 5-7 mill. So he should not be looking for a payday with 4 mill he is already getting for doing nothing

Yeah, that's how that works

The forum doesn't sign players. Just saying..... nnamdi isn't the Oakland player anymore, and if the Saints don't sign him, might be for a reason.

I hope they kicked the tires hard if they are signing him. Unfortunately, if he signed elsewhere tomorrow people here would still use Inebriated Bob as an irrefutable source if he reported something we want to hear. If it is anything other than a blatant, over the top homerism he will be an idiot and many will claim to never read him, at least until the next favorable claim

Maybe he is visiting SR and seeing how much support or lack there of he is getting? Either that or he is waiting to see how many threads he will get before FA stops. :idunno:

He is already getting 4 mill from Philly this year with his release. So the going rate for corners this offseason has been 5-7 mill. So he should not be looking for a payday with 4 mill he is already getting for doing nothing

You have got to be kidding, right?

Nambdi arrival

Maybe he is waiting for Loomis and Payton to get back from the meetings in AZ so they can announce him..

I don't think you understand. Most athletes try and position themselves so that they never have to work again when their career is over, at least the decent paid ones. Over a span of maybe 10 years, they have to try and accumulate as much money as they possibly can. I will never blame a player for going after money. Very rarely do you see players take pay cuts. Usually it's in cases like vilma where his career is almost over and was going to be cut or Lewis where he wants to play here. Seeing as though this is more than likely Nnamdi's last contract; I have no problem with him trying to squeeze as much money out of this as possible. I just don't want us to overpay.

There's no hold up. The Saints are just waiting for Namdi to decide where he wants to play. He's having to eat some humble pie as he is not getting the top dollar contract that he once would've received due to age and production in Philly. Now he needs to decide if he wants to play for the Niners or less money than expected or play for the Saints for less money, but play for the coach that had him playing as an All-Pro.

Y'know, maybe if his agent posted hourly updates here, we fight feel like we're more in the loop.

I don't think you understand. Most athletes try and position themselves so that they never have to work again when their career is over, at least the decent paid ones. Over a span of maybe 10 years, they have to try and accumulate as much money as they possibly can. I will never blame a player for going after money. Very rarely do you see players take pay cuts. Usually it's in cases like vilma where his career is almost over and was going to be cut or Lewis where he wants to play here. Seeing as though this is more than likely Nnamdi's last contract; I have no problem with him trying to squeeze as much money out of this as possible. I just don't want us to overpay.

Totally agree with you, and you're right about them trying to set themselves up for the rest of their lives. That said, if you give me 4 mil pre-tax that's probably just over 2 mil post tax. I guarantee I could hire a financial planner and live off of that for the rest of my life. He's made a lot more than 4 mil.

Come on a-so-mug-wah, just sign the dotted line...time to win a championship.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom