What's more disrespectful: Confederate flag waving or kneeling, the pole (1 Viewer)

What's more disrespectful?

• Confederate flag waving: they waged war against the U.S. flag and the Republic for which it stands

Votes: 77 72.0%
  • Kneeling during the National Anthem: disrespects the flag and the troops

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • I find both disrespectful

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • I don't find either disrespectful

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 12 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kneel, trust me it will bring attention.Just ask kaepernick.

True. I do think that the message gets lost when people miss the reason for the kneeling, or any other type of protest. So every now and then we need to shake things up a bit. Whatever best highlights injustice, I'm down with that.

To me, the point was never about the kneeling, but rather the injustice of police brutality. People who keep saying it's about the flag or insulting troops are completely missing the point.

And what option is that?

Ambivalent about the Confederate flag which isn't actually even the correct flag to begin with and support freedom to keel in protest. I suppose that would make the flag worse, but I voted tacoes cuz why not.

Ambivalent about the Confederate flag which isn't actually even the correct flag to begin with

Well, yeah, the flag waved today was not the federal flag of the CSA, but a. it was a battle flag for the CSA and b. that is the flag that's waved today to represent the "heritage" of the CSA

But whether it is or it isn't the "official" flag of the CSA, it doesn't mean the flags convey a different message, or does it?

Well, yeah, the flag waved today was not the federal flag of the CSA, but a. it was a battle flag for the CSA and b. that is the flag that's waved today to represent the "heritage" of the CSA

But whether it is or it isn't the "official" flag of the CSA, it doesn't mean the flags convey a different message, or does it?

True, I do abhor the message it represents, for sure.

True. I do think that the message gets lost when people miss the reason for the kneeling, or any other type of protest. So every now and then we need to shake things up a bit. Whatever best highlights injustice, I'm down with that.

Given current events, with the very real precense of rioting, looting, burning of buildings and murder in the streets, all done in the name of highlighting injustice, you may not want to make such a broad statement. People might get the wrong impression. Unless of course you are actually down with that (which I doubt).

Given current events, with the very real precense of rioting, looting, burning of buildings and murder in the streets, all done in the name of highlighting injustice, you may not want to make such a broad statement. People might get the wrong impression. Unless of course you are actually down with that (which I doubt).

Those things don't really highlight anything other than wonton violence and looting because criminals will be criminals and take advantage of a given situation. The protests intent is to highlight injustice. The criminals intent is to get theirs regardless of the message.

It's not even that. It was the battle flag for the Army of Northern Virginia.

Confederate flag waving.

I understand about heritage and that good people died fighting for it.

But it's time to let it go.

I'm from North Louisiana and I know the kind of people who would fly it or having it waving from their cars or trucks. Usually trucks.

Yup, time to let the American flag go too.
I would not waive a flag for a government that is knowingly starving children of a people who are not a threat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom