what's nice (1 Viewer)

kevin from buffalo

SR is my life!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i know we just had thanksgiving..but would be really well..even how far away or if living with..

call mom and tell her "i love you" or say it too her.even if tomorrow is just a tuesday

it doesnt have to be mothers day

yes beer is good and healthy in moderation. i wish i could smash a mug with her..but she was never a beer woman. maybe a hint of scotch with water on a holiday..or glass of wine infront of the fireplace with my father as i remember. she died 22 years ago tomorrow.

some say time eases pain..i'm not so sure.

she taught me alot..she did me to be a passionate person..

she was the type if somebody came to the door and it was supper time..she would make 6 pork chops feed ten people..

that's the type of person she was..

but as the one singer said in song.. "the good die young". she was 46

46 - so young. She sounds wonderful Kevin. Thoughts with you and your family on this somber anniversary.

I will call my mother tomorrow . . . thanks for reminding us how precious this life is.

My mom died last May (She was in her mid 50's)and she would turn white as a ghost whenever she saw me drink a beer. My parents are southern baptist, and drinking of any kind is a no-no. I go to church and live in Virginia, and although we don't get drunk, moderate alcohol consumption is fine. It's also fine in the bible. People tried to call Jesus a drunkard. Anyway, I miss my mom allot. Especially during the holidays. I just ask Jesus when I'm praying if he can say hi for me and tell her I love her. I told my Dad that a couple of months ago and he said he does the same thing. I'm rambling, but most of what I've said had something to do in some way with what someone on this thread has said.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom