What's on your "book Mount Rushmore"? (1 Viewer)

Cool thread. I'm like a lot of you guys. Read lots when I was younger. Just haven't gotten to read much in the last 20 years or so. For me, the Bible is obviously most important to me. But for purposes of this discussion, here goes.

1. LOTR
2. Call of the Wild
3. Fahrenheit 451
4. The Oath by Frank Peretti (Christian fantasy fiction)

Obviously not best written books of all time, but those are the ones that stand out most to me.

In the spirit of the thread...

I'm really not an avid reader anymore. I was when I was a kid.

I loved Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - probably read it 5 times (and checked it out of the library each time).

I absolutely loathed being forced to read books in high school. I tried to get into the books, but it just never clicked with me, except for one: To Kill a Mockingbird. I loved that book.

Yessir and a doggone good one at that. Dude, the Scarecrow killed crows in the book - broke their necks. I was hooked when I read that in the 4th grade.
I had to edit - it is titled: “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz”.
That and the enchanted ax that hacks up the Tin Man. He just keeps on using it.

I loved Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - probably read it 5 times (and checked it out of the library each time).

I absolutely loathed being forced to read books in high school. I tried to get into the books, but it just never clicked with me, except for one: To Kill a Mockingbird. I loved that book.
kid gmr mt rushmore is an interesting question

A Wrinkle in Time
where the Red Fern Grows
The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe
The Crystal Cave

TKAM is all time great.

kid gmr mt rushmore is an interesting question

A Wrinkle in Time
where the Red Fern Grows
The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe
The Crystal Cave
I've read Where the Red Fern Grows and The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. I liked those too. Tbh, I'd have to go back and read them all to judge them, but my memory is what it is, which ain't what it used to be, lol.

One day in the life of Ivan Desinovich (Solzhenitsyn), Hitchhikers Guide, Lonesome Dove, The exorcist, Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, Man's Search for Meaning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom