What's the biggest offseason need that the Saints must get right? (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Wide Receiver?
Tight End?
Defensive Tackle?
Resigning Mark Ingram?
Other?

The Saints should have been coming off a season where they were playing for the Lombardi trophy. We all know that. Unfortunately, we also know why it didn't happen. Going forward though what is the most important offseason move that you guys feel will keep the Saints Super Bowl window open?

RKNSaint

Contrarian
Reaction score
Your list is good.

TE
WR
OL
DL

QB bothers me. I don't like our back up situation/transition plans at all. Drew's arm was really tired by the end of the year (it seemed to me anyway). TB is a nice enough guy but I don't see him as the future.

MightyMite

Mightiest of all Mites
Reaction score
OL depth. That really hurt us the end of this year until we got our starters back.

There are several other needs as well but, imo, that is the biggest one.

SAINT BIGAL

Just think'n out loud...
Reaction score
Your list is good.

TE
WR
OL
DL

QB bothers me. I don't like our back up situation/transition plans at all. Drew's arm was really tired by the end of the year (it seemed to me anyway). TB is a nice enough guy but I don't see him as the future.
He’s not gonna hang out long enough to find out. He’ll be gone soon after f/a begins. He’s not gonna sit behind Brees for another year b/c the Saints can’t afford that!

B_doggman47

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
First let's make the right deals and take care of our free agents. Then we need to find the right TE that fits what we do offensively, whether it be in FA or the draft. Same with OL and we need to find a DT, preferably in FA. Maybe draft one too as a project. I would like to see us bring in Danny Shelton if he hits the market. Also if Bucs release McCoy, he would be the perfect guy to help out until Rankins comes back 100%.

SaintsNY

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Offensive line. Production fell off and so did Drew. It's good but there's much room for improvement.

NewOrleansBoy

Clemson Football Walk-On
Reaction score
I can think of 2-3 more positions that I'd like for us to upgrade in addition to these positions below. The below are positions that I felt is a must need:

Another pass rusher = Anthony Barr
Another guy who can cover in the secondary = Earl Thomas
A TE
A WR (if not Dez)
A LB (someone to replace Kline)

--You can make the argument that we also need another DT because of Rankins' injury and the rotational players like Onyemata and Davison hasn't really produced a pass rush that I'd like to see. You can also make the argument that we need additional O-Line players as backups due to the inevitable injuries.

*Side question...Taking away ALL homerism and bias, I'm genuinely curious who do yall think is a better running back in the long run: Ingram or Hunt?

Treybad

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
the best addition to help us get to the Super Bowl would be TE/WR threat equal to Thomas....

Saintslfc13

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
*Side question...Taking away ALL homerism and bias, I'm genuinely curious who do yall think is a better running back in the long run: Ingram or Hunt?
Hunt has the better potential long term provided he’s allowed to play. Barring a huge change in locker room philosophy though it’s a moot point. We got rid of Galette for something very similar and sure you can argue Galette wasn’t to OLB/Edge what Hunt is to RB but I just don’t see the Saints bringing in a player with that hanging over his head. I’m not aware of him being considered a locker room cancer or anything before this came out but at the end of the day it’s not something that everyone is going to be willing to forget and that includes guys already on the team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Saints Headlines (Official Site)

Top Bottom