What's the biggest offseason need that the Saints must get right? (1 Viewer)

I think our biggest concern is the pass defense and deep ball defense. It's one thing holding back the defense from being elite.

Would like to cut Coleman and bring in Earl Thomas on a 1 year deal.

He's coming off injury and is almost 30. He got in a monies dispute with Seattle and wants a longer term contract. The best pass defense is a good pass rush. I don't know the details of Coleman's contract so how will it affect the salary cap if the Saints let him go after 1 year. He didn't contribute much at the end of the season.

a new league.

buying our own refs would work. i mean fork it, competing against them sucks.

As far as DT. The thing I question is just how many resources should be prioritized if they only miss a few games. Once they are both playing, the position will be in good shape. I'm wondering if resigning Davison and signing a journeyman 3-tech might be best, just to stop-gap it for a few games.

Same need as it is every year. In this league, to run the ball and pass the ball, you need the offensive line you can get, and you need the best offense linemen you can get. It doesn't matter who you send down field if your QB gets hit when throws the ball.

Fewer "bought and paid for " refs.
Or maybe we can "draft" a few of our own? Who Dat Booster Club! NAH, feel dirty now, time to go shower.

Serious note, DT is #1. Someone nasty inside to help collapse the pocket, in FA maybe.
I feel like someone will turn it on from our practice squad for the OL. Tom or Clapp maybe?
Then we need to draft another WR or TE, maybe both. We will have some serious depth at WR once everyone comes back healthy. I'm sure Kirkwood and TQS will progress. Dez and Kam come back healed, then maybe we pick up the slot receiver from Dallas, all of a sudden we have some serious depth at receiver.

1a. Athleticism and depth in the secondary

1b. Dependable Second receiving option, preferably a red zone threat

2. Improve the protection around Drew, maybe replace Peat

He had 66 catches, 888 yards and 4 TDs before his injury and subsequent surgery. That's not too shabby. I wouldn't exactly call that a redshirt year. With a year under his belt and if his surgery and rehab goes well, I think he'll be good to go. I guess we'll see though.
I just looked up his stats for 2018 and they are no where close to this. From what I'm looking at he played in 6 games and had 9 catches for 114 yards and 1 TD.

I just looked up his stats for 2018 and they are no where close to this. From what I'm looking at he played in 6 games and had 9 catches for 114 yards and 1 TD.

Whoops, those were his numbers for the 2016 season, not sure why I read that into 2018. Regardless, he was hobbled by injury and some have speculated he wasn't 100% before the injury. I think if he's 100% healthy, we'll have a capable wr2. I still think there are other more pressing needs than the WR position, but looking for one in the later rounds or free agency wouldn't be a bad thing imo.

Same need as it is every year. In this league, to run the ball and pass the ball, you need the offensive line you can get, and you need the best offense linemen you can get. It doesn't matter who you send down field if your QB gets hit when throws the ball.

Yep, our starting 5 is awfully good, just struggle to stay healthy. We need to bolster our depth here. Tom and Clapp look like they could be promising young players but we need to bring in some others, not sure if either would ever get to the level of a Warford or Unger....if Armstead could just have one healthy season....ugh....

Roger Saffold, Jared Cook, AB, and Gerald McCoy

then I powered off the XboxOneX

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom