What's the consensus of Marcus Davenport? Already tied Cam Jordan rookie season in sacks. Lol (1 Viewer)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm for one very impressed with him. I think he definitely got franchise potential. Loved to see him get more snaps.

He brings a lot heat and I'm a bit surprised of his grit in run support.

I think with the right coaching and attitude he can be in the HoF. Even great pass rushers aren't this good in their 3rd NFL game, where they aren't even getting many snaps in the first 2. Some of his body movement is just unbelievable.

After getting a bogus call in week 1, he is now on his way to perfecting the modern day textbook pillow sack. He's a trend setter. :p

Looking forward to seeing him improve and progress. I think we're better with him than without.

I think with the right coaching and attitude he can be in the HoF. Even great pass rushers aren't this good in their 3rd NFL game, where they aren't even getting many snaps in the first 2. Some of his body movement is just unbelievable.

Good stuff and yeah I know that he sometimes has moves and looks like a 270 pound 6'5" CB. Stunning physical abilities. And Pete says all the coaches at UTSA loved the kid, he's very dedicated to being the best and is really smart.

After getting a bogus call in week 1, he is now on his way to perfecting the modern day textbook pillow sack. He's a trend setter. :p

Looking forward to seeing him improve and progress. I think we're better with him than without.

TenTwo - you came up with the best name I've ever heard for the new sack style inside the new rules, "Pillow Sack." Brilliant, really funny and sad at the same time that this is the current state of the NFL

TenTwo - you came up with the best name I've ever heard for the new sack style inside the new rules, "Pillow Sack." Brilliant, really funny and sad at the same time that this is the current state of the NFL

NgEHwl5.gif

Turn him loose. He is stout in the run game and a problem for opposing offensive lines and he hasn't even begun to show what he can do. Since he isn't a liability in any area of the game (run or pass) turn him loose. He had 50% of the snaps last week, how about bumping that up to 75% now. We have a real life monster in the making. Turn him loose.

se. He is stout in the run game and a problem for opposing offensive lines and he hasn't even begun to show what he can do. Since he isn't a liability in any area of the game (run or pass) turn him loose. He had 50% of the snaps last week, how about bumping that up to 75% now. We have a real life monster in the making. Turn him loose.
Absolutely agree.

He's further along than I thought he'd be.

I think he's the 2nd best pass rusher on the team already. His power is crazy.

he bullied alex mack on that bull rush for the sack and mack is one of the better centers in the league. pure. power. love it

Question: Don't you guys think he can get way more pressure if he add the up and under move like Lawrence Taylor and Pat Swilling use to do. He is doing a good job bull rushing. I just feel that he just need that one extra step, moves or whatever to get more sacks.

Question: Don't you guys think he can get way more pressure if he add the up and under move like Lawrence Taylor and Pat Swilling use to do. He is doing a good job bull rushing. I just feel that he just need that one extra step, moves or whatever to get more sacks.

Yes. If/when he develops/perfects a couple other pass rush techniques he will really give even the best OTs trouble. It will take some time, coaching and experience but he seems like he has a desire to learn and improve. He certainly has the physical skills, at least from what I have seen.

Love this kid. Pretty soon all the people crying over what we gave up for him will be his fanboys.

I liked him from the first time his name was mentioned and I never thought they gave too much to draft him.

I was stunned at how strong he is. He doesn't get there yet but he handles offensive linemen like a grown man handling a teenager!!

This guy is a beast in the making and it's scary how good he could be once he knows what he's doing!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom