What's the consensus of Marcus Davenport? Already tied Cam Jordan rookie season in sacks. Lol (1 Viewer)

Davenport needs more snaps. Where does Trey Hendrickson fit in? Should he be third after Davenport in pass rush situations or is Okafor better?

In obvious passing downs I just think we need more athletism.

At one point I think they had Okafor and Jordan in the middle with Hendrickson and Davenport on the edge.
Davenport needs more snaps. Where does Trey Hendrickson fit in? Should he be third after Davenport in pass rush situations or is Okafor better?

In obvious passing downs I just think we need more athletism.

At one point I think they had Okafor and Jordan in the middle with Hendrickson and Davenport on the edge.
Hendrickson was a heathy inactive last Sunday, that's how he fit in

He's probably not capable of playing every down yet do to conditioning. He'll need a full NFL offseason to get into that kind of shape. 30-40 snaps per game is likely his ceiling if you want him to last the entire season.

Agree with this. Also, Okafor is playing well, so he will keep getting a lot of snaps. It will keep both fresh and healthier.

I think next year, Davenport will make occasional appearances at other line positions to create havoc.

Agree with this. Also, Okafor is playing well, so he will keep getting a lot of snaps. It will keep both fresh and healthier.

I think next year, Davenport will make occasional appearances at other line positions to create havoc.

Is he playing well? I remember him being stonewalled a bunch in the Falcon's game. His main contribution came on ST with the blocked punt.

He's a really big, strong man, and that you really can't teach or coach. When he develops some tools to go with what he already has.....my goodness. Just watching him simply bull rush alot in these first few games is impressive.

Our Dline is our strength on defense ... not worried about that at all .... This secondary has cost us plenty of games in the past and it seems like they are gonna do the same if they dont fix it.

He need work, but the power is incredible.

100% agree. So imagine when he learns a few more moves. Every OT will know Davenport's pure power and when they get set for that, he does a spin move and QB goes down!!! Instead of Howard Cosell screaming, "He's down, he's down, Joe Frazier is down," it will be announcer screaming "The QB is down," but instead of Ali it will be Marcus Davenport.

Pete told me that UTSA coaches who were interviewed by the Saints regarding Davenport were told that the Saints could possibly see a role for Davenport where he has more freedom to roam at times, more like a LB versus 3-point stance DE.

Pete told me that UTSA coaches who were interviewed by the Saints regarding Davenport were told that the Saints could possibly see a role for Davenport where he has more freedom to roam at times, more like a LB versus 3-point stance DE.

Also noticed the started allowing him to rush from a 2-point stance more. He's a smart kid that keeps his eyes on the ball and finds quickly too in pursuit. As a standup rusher it allows him to diagnose and react which plays to his strengths.

He looks and moves like a LB...a passrushing one.

To the OP.

He's a bully and you can see him affecting the game just like he did at UTSA. When he learns moves that can play off his natural power he's going to be good. He hasn't even learned to harness his speed yet. Haven't seen many if any pure speed rushes from him nor have we seen him start timing snaps better. There are so many layers to his game that can still be added that it's bananas. His bullrush is very Shawne Merriman like in the jolt he creates from a 2point stance.

Last edited:
Davenprort will be a good player in this league. Here’s hoping he will be a GREAT one!

And I disagree that Okafor is playing well. I rewatched the Falcons game 3 times and I dont see him impacting the game significantly except the blocked punt

I am at the point where I think Davenport should get majority of snaps except 1st downs and obvious running situations.

Davenport has been playing better every game, and Okafor has been okay, but Hendrickson looked great in the preseason. Hendrickson is the best at timing the snaps, so I'd like to see him active soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom