What's the deal with censorship of old TV series Quantum Leap? (2 Viewers)

I still haven’t seen Straight Outta Compton, the movie that came out a few years ago, becuase every time i see it‘s being aired, it’s on USA network or something where i think to myself ‘Why bother?’ since half the entertainment from a movie about NWA, i would imagine, would be the nonstop string of expletives.. i honestly can’t understand why a basic cable network like that , or it’s parent company, would even buy the rights or attempt to air a movie like that with all the dubbing and bleeping that has to be done.. obviously there are viewers that wouldnt be bothered by all the editing , I’m not one of them.

But i guess i dont wanna see it enough to pay the measly $3.99 or whatever i could probably rent it for lol.. that reminds me, i need to see if it’s come to any of the streaming services yet, last time i checked it hadnt.

try to catch it when it comes on FX

That’s one of the channels i saw it on the guide and said ‘Why Bother?’.. a few times actually.. do they not bleep everything ? I thought for sure they would since it’s basic cable.

I guess it could be dependent on the time it airs but I have watched it multiple times uncut (meaning language and nudity) on FX. Usually anything after 9pm on FX has no filter

If I had a lot of money I would fund Quatum Leap sequel, as a movie or short series. I was never happy with the “Sam Beckett never returned home“ throwaway in the finale

If I had a lot of money I would fund Quatum Leap sequel, as a movie or short series. I was never happy with the “Sam Beckett never returned home“ throwaway in the finale

Right? I hated that ending. So depressing

You sure are giving us a lot of time to ponder this question.

Have you guys ever watches Scarface on USA network? What about Harlem Nights?
Snakes on a Plane.. Monkey Fighting Snakes on a Monday Through Friday Plane, Said Samuel L Jackson never..lol

I was happy to see Quantum Leap is being shown on Comet TV. I dvr'd some episodes and was shocked to see they had bleeped out anything that might be considered racially sensitive language. I mean every single word. The episode about Sam leaping into a newly inducted member of the Klan was so replete with bleeps it was downright ridiculous.

The whole episode was a commentary on racism and yet even in its attempt to tell a story with lesson, the crux of it was wiped out in one fell swoop by censorship.

It burns my biscuits that they're doing this... for NO GOOD REASON. Can't see the forest for the trees smh.

Chime in your own take.

Just watched the classic "Jimmy" episode and all instances of the R word were deleted

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom