What's the deal with censorship of old TV series Quantum Leap? (1 Viewer)

I thought Sinclair sold the regional Fox Sports networks and the new owner put it under the Bally's umbrella.

(Learn something new everyday.)
You might be thinking of Diamond Sports Group, which is part of the joint venture with Sinclair for Bally's networks.

The Bally's networks are still a subsidiary of Sinclair.

I think Jack said it best when he said, "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!". All censorship, cancel culture, wokeness, etc. is for your own good. You'll thank them for the cultural lobotomy later.

Lol. Anyone who thinks that these types of moves are a step forward in ending racism is a fool. It’s quite the opposite.
I agree. The movie was written by Mel Brooks and Richard Pryor. Brooks is Jewish and Pryor was black. We all know the
racism Jews and Blacks faced historically. They made it a point to show how stupid racism is. The racist characters in the
film were portrayed as bumbling idiots. The film is now preserved in the library of congress and well deserved.

they are...very conservative.

This is possibly the most diplomatic way of describing Sinclair lol.

In all seriousness though, people need to be worried about companies like Sinclair. The majority of local news stations are owned by just a few national companies now and almost all of them force messaging on local stations.

Fantastic show. Networks have the right to censor their own content. Censoring that is stupid in my opinion as it was clearly an anti racist episode but whatever. Are we censoring amazing works of media like Roots and The Color Purple next?
It wouldn't be the first time. It seems every few years, some school district or other decides to ban Huckleberry Finn from the curriculum because of "N Jim" even though the entire point of the book is to point out the atrocity of racism.
Some people just don't get it. "Perhaps they never will..."

kind of reminds me of when I was younger, on the weekend some channel would air some movie, but was edited for content, and how every curse word was dubbed over. Like they would dub the word "buzzard" to replace just about any curse word starting with the letter b. I think another one used often was "mother father!"

kind of reminds me of when I was younger, on the weekend some channel would air some movie, but was edited for content, and how every curse word was dubbed over. Like they would dub the word "buzzard" to replace just about any curse word starting with the letter b. I think another one used often was "mother father!"

I don’t think that pretending that slavery and racism don’t exist is healthy at all. History is the great teacher and there are many trying to erase it.

I would go even farther to say it's arguably dangerous. We need to know our accurate and honest history in order to learn just like you said. Denial has never gotten anyone anywhere good. In fact just the opposite IMHO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom