Whats the deal with IPHONE and flash (1 Viewer)

I don't think the www gonna change on account of the iphone..
I'm sure iphone is less than 1% of internet usage..
Everyone I know that has an iphone has complained about flash at one point.
Believe me, Apple will be the one that will change.. I thought the iphone 4 had flash capabilities, or is it just a flash player for videos?
Iphone users should thank the Android for making apple change. My wife told me that there is finally an app for the Iphone that you can make free ringtones.. They are realizing they better give a little with all these new smartphones coming out..

Waiting in line at the Apple store to buy my wife an ipad for Christmas, I was reminded of why I hate Apple. But they sure ain't hurting for profit.

I could care less about flash on my iphone. I say this not as an Apple fanboy, but someone who had hated flash since before iphones even existed. Flash is a terrible technology and all it does is make webpages bloated, annoying, and severely less usable.

The only sites where I ever run into flash issues on my iphone are usually trying to find a menu for a restaurant while on the go. So guess what- that restaurant doesnt get my business. And its their own fault- not because they dont support my iphone, but because they hired a webdesigner who is more concerned about sparkly colors and birds flying around the screen than actual website usability.

Even without the flash issues, I think we can all agree that Android pwns iphone.

Even without the flash issues, I think we can all agree that Android pwns iphone.

Other than flash, what can the android do that the iphone can't?

i don't mean "flash custom roms" or "omglol open market". What am I missing?

So now this thread is gonna turn into an android vs IPhone thread?
Don't we have a couple of those already?

So now this thread is gonna turn into an android vs IPhone thread?
Don't we have a couple of those already?

There are several iphone + flash threads too. What's your point?

Not to mention that it was inevitable as that is one of several big differentiators between the two platforms.

No they shouldn't. You're completely ignorant regarding the flash issue, other than the fact that you know the iPhone doesn't support it. You have no clue why some consider this a good thing, no idea of the dynamic between Apple and Adobe, no clue about how Apple's weight can change the tech scene and why they would choose to do this. Sure there is a genuine debate about it, but you aren't aware of the merits of either side.

All this info is a quick google away, btw. It wouldn't be hard for you to get informed and then decide to side with the pro-flash people. But then Apple still wouldn't care if you bought from them, so you might not want to bother.

Apple is the largest tech company in the world. They're doing just fine. Better than ever, actually. One might say they are dominating faces off. They've turned the smartphone industry into a monster, and they make much more money off each phone they sell than the competition does. There's no buy-one, get-one with Apple. No discounts. And they went from 0 to 3rd in market share, just recently passing RIM (for good).

I think they are quite capable of deciding what they should or shouldn't care about. They probably don't have to listen to advice from some uninformed dude on a tech forum on a football website.

Hey dude, this has nothing to do with the fact that Flash may suck, or that HTML 5 is the wave of the future. We will burn that bridge when we get there.

Just because Apple does not have a high opinion of Flash does not mean that they should not have flash support on there phone. Bottom line is not having flash prevents me from doing 20% or more on the internet that I want to do.

That would be like buying a 1080P tv without the ability to watch standard 480i resolution.

Just because my 5k Pioneer has the best picture on Earth, does not mean that I dont want the ability to watch a black and white version of Leave it to Beaver on 480I.
My HDTV being able to transmit signals from yesteryear does not in any way shape or form hinder the progress of tommorows technology.

HTML 5 will one day overtake Flash 100%, and this will not be an issue.

But until then they should at least allow it in there OS.

Bottom line is I can do 20% more from a droid phone then an IPHONE.

And thats all this guy from a football message board has to say about that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom