What's the hardest game you've ever played (2 Viewers)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't mean hard because of broken controls or just a bad game.

I mean just, plain, brutally hard. The game that taxed your gaming prowess to its limits.

Games where you needed the responses and reflexes of an android to get through.

Games that you could die by blinking at the wrong time.

Which game had you throwing the controller across the room?

I'm sure I have many but the one that instantly came to mind was Gradius on Playstation 2.

This game literally had me throwing the controller in fits of rage. It was the first time I had done that in years, and I honestly don't think I've done it since.

Viciouslly hard games tend to fall into 2 categories:

1. The kind where you put you whole life on hold (school, work, friends) and devote yourself fully to beating this game.

2. The kind where you say "F" this game, walk away and never think or speak of it again.

Which games were your toughest?

NES TMNT...not the arcade version. I remember when my bro finally got to Shredder, he was on his last life and already wounded... no chance. And that was it. I don't think we ever played again.

NES TMNT...not the arcade version. I remember when my bro finally got to Shredder, he was on his last life and already wounded... no chance. And that was it. I don't think we ever played again.

The swimming levels were horrible in everyway. God Bless Nintendo Power's full maps.

i beat it after 5000000000000000000000 attempts (i may be under-exaggerating).

nes had some of the hardest games. mega man, top gun, simpsons bart vs space mutants.

I don't mean hard because of broken controls or just a bad game.

I mean just, plain, brutally hard. The game that taxed your gaming prowess to its limits.

Games where you needed the responses and reflexes of an android to get through.

Games that you could die by blinking at the wrong time.

Which game had you throwing the controller across the room?

I'm sure I have many but the one that instantly came to mind was Gradius on Playstation 2.

This game literally had me throwing the controller in fits of rage. It was the first time I had done that in years, and I honestly don't think I've done it since.

Viciouslly hard games tend to fall into 2 categories:

1. The kind where you put you whole life on hold (school, work, friends) and devote yourself fully to beating this game.

2. The kind where you say "F" this game, walk away and never think or speak of it again.

Which games were your toughest?

First of all, your 1 is ridiculous and I've never done that nor do I plan to. I do remember the hardest level I've ever played and that was the extra mission in the first COD modern warfare. Clearing the plane on veteran difficulty in the given time span was absolutely brutal! It took me multiple days playing with at leat 10-15 attempts per try before I finally got that achievement.

i beat it after 5000000000000000000000 attempts (i may be under-exaggerating).

nes had some of the hardest games. mega man, top gun, simpsons bart vs space mutants.

Seriously? That's amazing!

I still remember having a great game then having a car run me over and splatter my character on the overhead map. Pretty sure I needed to buy a new controller after throwing that one.

Loved both TMNT and Top Gun on NES.

Always had problems with Ghosts and Goblins (the original - either NES or Sega). The jumping was really wonky and made it horribly hard.

600full-mike-tyson's-punch--out!!-screenshot.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom