What's the "innocent" explanation? (1 Viewer)

not2rich

NO State of Mind
Reaction score
...for the Trump campaign's contacts with Russia during the election?

I understand there is no positive evidence for collusion at this point, but if there is a benign reason for those contacts, I can't think of one. Can anyone think of one?

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Divesting himself of all Russian assets and investors as fast as he could since he never thought he'd actually win the nomination and hadn't bothered to before the general?

JimEverett

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
...for the Trump campaign's contacts with Russia during the election?

I understand there is no positive evidence for collusion at this point, but if there is a benign reason for those contacts, I can't think of one. Can anyone think of one?
Manafort had/has business interests in russia. He talked to many russians. One or more may have been spies to some degree or another.

Not sure about any others, but "contact with russian operatives" can mean quite a lot of things.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Divesting himself of all Russian assets and investors as fast as he could since he never thought he'd actually win the nomination and hadn't bothered to before the general?
But why would Flynn and campaign management types be the ones doing this? And wouldn't Trump have been aware of it (he's denying he knew)?

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
But why would Flynn and campaign management types be the ones doing this? And wouldn't Trump have been aware of it (he's denying he knew)?
Trump also denies having any loans or business interests in Russia.

JimEverett

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I dont think that makes sense because the report says the contact was made the year before the election.

kcirdor

Clackin
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
the innocent excuse is.... Trump is nothing but a pawn in Russia's ultimate goal of dethroning the USA as the world's leader and he is too stupid to realize it. He was played like a fool. He is the biggest joke in American History.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics

The book emphasizes that Russia must spread Anti-Americanism everywhere: "the main 'scapegoat' will be precisely the U.S."

In the United States:

Russia should use its special forces within the borders of the United States to fuel instability and separatism, for instance, provoke "Afro-American racists". Russia should "introduce geopolitical disorder into internal American activity, encouraging all kinds of separatism and ethnic, social and racial conflicts, actively supporting all dissident movements &#8211; extremist, racist, and sectarian groups, thus destabilizing internal political processes in the U.S. It would also make sense simultaneously to support isolationist tendencies in American politics."[1]
It's amazing this is playing out right before our eyes.

Zztop

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
the innocent excuse is.... Trump is nothing but a pawn in Russia's ultimate goal of dethroning the USA as the world's leader and he is too stupid to realize it. He was played like a fool. He is the biggest joke in American History.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics

It's amazing this is playing out right before our eyes.

My friend sent me that today..

Sounds like mission accomplished :covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom