What's the policy on posting radio shows? (1 Viewer)

unome_brother

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Wondering if I can get an answer from the moderator. I'm a long time poster on this board and I don't know what i'd do with out it. So I wanted to make sure I wasn't breaking a rule. I have my own blogtalk radio show every week and my co-host is a Dolphins fan so this should be really good stuff. What is the policy on posting links for radio shows?

Hi, thanks for asking! I left a message for Andrus and will let you know what he says.

I have a policy against members posting links to personal text & Video blog sites, etc. because their pushing them often gets out of hand and it turns into a lot of board spam.

That being said, I am going to change that policy to wit: If a member becomes a subscribing member (Go to UserCP > Paid subscriptions) I will make exceptions to those members. Subscribing members that sign up through that link will go into the VIP Subscriber usergroup.

In the future, there will be many of benefits to becoming a subscribing member. Some examples:

-VIP Subscribers will have a lot more latitude in sig pics and avatar sizes, upload and download attachment sizes, expanded PM box size as well as other expanded priviledges.

-VIP Subscribers will be given priority entry when the server is busy (they will bypass the server is busy message).

-VIP members won't be seeing the google or other ad's that I just added and are currently only displayed to unregistered users and members that are not logged in.
Soon, all will see them with the exception of VIP subscribers.

VIP members will also have their own private board with some perks (TBA).

Fact is, the site keeps growing and it seems every year or two I am having to get a larger server and pipe in order to accommodate the increased traffic. Now it's getting to the point where clustering servers is the best solution. To add, my daughter was recently diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis with no insurance and her treatment costs are ridiculous (Over 2K/mo.). We are searching for relief programs that she qualifies for but no luck so far. So for the time being it's coming my pocket. So I am trying to come up with ways to pay for site costs and my daughters treatment costs. I don't have a lot of options otherwise.

I have to say, that if ever SR were to generate enough funds to where I could really focus on it, I could make this thing really special. But I have to spend most of my time chasing a living, and since the recession began and my business failed, that's been meager. We have over 20,000 members here with nearly 9000 actively participating members and tons of non-member guests. If I can get just 10 to 15% of the active members alone to sign up @ $5 per mo. (The Price of a good Burger) our problems would be solved.

Anyway... this is something that is still in the planning stages. I just wanted to get it out there. No one will be REQUIRED to subscribe, but I will be encouraging members to do so... in an aggressive manner. :)

BTW - Yes, special consideration and exceptions will be given to our current and past contributors who I highly value and am very appreciative to. That is something that sort of complicates the process, but we'll figure it all out. :)

Andrus

I take it PayPal will be the only method for subscription?

If I can get just 10 to 15% of the active members alone to sign up @ $5 per mo. (The Price of a good Burger) our problems would be solved.
Andrus

I'm in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom