What's the real reason you hate the Falcons? (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
I would like real, honest answers on this thread. Not the atypical answer everyone always give, but the real reason. We all know that they are our biggest and longest rival. But, what's the underlying reason?

For me it's this. I hate that team because of their fans (most of them). When you talk to a Falcon fan, you immediately notice something different about them than any other fan, of any other team (except, maybe, the Cowpukes), and that is that they have no clue. If you try to talk Football with them, you immediately think you are trying to explain Physic's to a Pre-Schooler. It's like they talk, but nothing comes out of them, except hot air.

They are so much like Alabama Fans. No clue.

Then, there is the fact that they are only true fans of their team if it's winning. When you watch a game for the falcons when they are having a losing season, you look at the stands in their stadium, and there's nobody there! Seriously? I remember when we all wore bags on our heads, and put up with the moniker "Aint's" fans.

I remember Archie playing, and he would take the snap, drop back 3 or 5 steps, and immediately go down to keep from getting killed, because our O-line was so bad.

With all of this, I was still a proud fan of the Nawlins Saints!

Not so with the Falcon's fans. If that team is losing, they dissapear! This is - IMHO - why the Falcons will NEVER be a serious, long-term, contender in any NFL season. If you have no real support, why even try hard? Ugh, I can't stand that team.

The Big Ben game was the first game my wife and I ever went to see in the dome walking slowly down the stairs so happy we had won and BAM we lost hate the falcons almost as much as the cowboys

1973, entering my senior year in High School @BM: Our season & home opener at old Tulane Stadium.

The Falcons beat the dog snot out of us 62-7. Having already scored 62 points, they called a time out and wanted to score even more points to thoroughly humiliate the Saints (... in our house)!

THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW!!!!

:mad: :rant: :angrybug: :madface:

:gosaints:

Buddy told me I'd be dancing on the tables at Pat Os, and then I didn't.

For me it started with those classless Jerry Glanville teams of the early 90s. I was just a kid but the way they acted rubbed me the wrong way.

As a kid I loved Iron Head Heyward. But then he ended up with the falcons and had a career year. The trader they call Bobby Hebert defected in '93 and did the plane deal. Then Morten Anderson went there '95.

Years later the most devastating betrayal of all occurred. What is considered by most to be the worst falcon defection ever. Black Moses fell victim to some sort of dark magic and went to the dark side.

It's stuff like that man. They are the bad guys. They are the villains. It's good versus evil.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom