What's the real reason you hate the Falcons? (1 Viewer)

Before, it was just because they were our rivals. Then 2 years ago happened. Cheap shots galore, and the refs helped them to it obviously. Headshot on AK... double handed facemask with two thumb eye poke on MT where MT was called for OPI.. ref blocking Latt's pick 6. Refs taking points off the board before the half for some contrived BS lining up wrong call.. all the flags on us, none on them . I could go on. I want to break records on them Sunday.

Which will finally be my first ever vs ATL game in the dome.

Big Ben. Lived in Atlanta at the time. It was miserable.

For some reason in my 40 or so years of being a die hard Saints fan I’ve never hated the Falcons. Maybe for a few months after the playoff game in 91 I think?

I never hated the falcons until after Katrina. Prior to that I just thought of it as a great rivalry. But after Katrina I saw their fans (as well as the panther's fans, bear's fane too) actually say they wish more people from NOLA would have died in the storm. Other terrible things were said and it continued long after. I don't 'hate' the team in any way close to how I feel about that portion of their fan base.

When I was a freshman in HS, my Dad got transferred to Atlanta. I was a Saints fan then, and while I didn’t like the Falcons... I didn’t hate them either. I was indifferent more than anything.

Anyways, my family went out to a place in Atlanta called “Fernbank”... it’s a museum. My little brother and I were walking around (he was about 7-8 at the time). While at the museum, I recognized former Falcons DB Scott Case walking towards us with his wife and kid(s). I said to my brother, “hey that’s Scott Case... He plays for the Falcons... go ask for his autograph.”
My little bro walked up to him and said “excuse me sir, are you Scott Case?” Case’s face immediately changes, and he proceeds to yell at my little brother in the middle of a museum... He shouted something along the lines of “Get outta here and leave me the hell alone! I’m with my family!”
My little brother has tears in his eyes and is standing there looking shocked.

From that moment on, I hated Scott Case and the Falcons... I would hope and hope that he would get injured every time I saw him play from that point on, and by association, I also hated the Falcons... Since then, the Failcons have given me many many more reasons to despise them... more than I can even mention... One that sticks out though, is seeing Patrick Kerney purposely twist Deuce McAllister’s ankle after the whistle and injuring one of my all-time favorite players.

I hate them, and I hope for nothing but pain, disappointment, and despair for the team and their fans forever.

1991 wildcard playoff game. All downhill (or should I say uphill when considering hate) from there.

1- I was at 62-7
2- I was at Big Ben
3- Saw Big Ben 2 on TV
4- Deion
5- I was at the Erxleben debacle
6- currently live in ATL area and know the passion or lack thereof of their fans, if you can find one
7- Hebert flying wing in Superdome, still dislike him for that, will never be the "Father of the WhoDat nation" whatever he calls himself

I think that covers it, you can understand why I'm a little reticent to feel confident anytime we play these clowns and why I enjoyed 28-3 so much

I would like real, honest answers on this thread. Not the atypical answer everyone always give, but the real reason. We all know that they are our biggest and longest rival. But, what's the underlying reason?

For me it's this. I hate that team because of their fans (most of them). When you talk to a Falcon fan, you immediately notice something different about them than any other fan, of any other team (except, maybe, the Cowpukes), and that is that they have no clue. If you try to talk Football with them, you immediately think you are trying to explain Physic's to a Pre-Schooler. It's like they talk, but nothing comes out of them, except hot air.

They are so much like Alabama Fans. No clue.

Then, there is the fact that they are only true fans of their team if it's winning. When you watch a game for the falcons when they are having a losing season, you look at the stands in their stadium, and there's nobody there! Seriously? I remember when we all wore bags on our heads, and put up with the moniker "Aint's" fans.

I remember Archie playing, and he would take the snap, drop back 3 or 5 steps, and immediately go down to keep from getting killed, because our O-line was so bad.

With all of this, I was still a proud fan of the Nawlins Saints!

Not so with the Falcon's fans. If that team is losing, they dissapear! This is - IMHO - why the Falcons will NEVER be a serious, long-term, contender in any NFL season. If you have no real support, why even try hard? Ugh, I can't stand that team.
For me the hate started with Glanville. To date, that crappy arse team and worse fans hasn't given me any reason to change my mind.

Big Ben. Lived in Atlanta at the time. It was miserable.
To this day I hate 20-17 games. You know why birds fly upside down over Atlanta. There is nothing worth crapping on. I sincerely hope they lose every game for 20 years and then go into a slump.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom