Whats the relationship between LSU and Saints fans? (1 Viewer)

I'm both a Tiger and Saints fan. The reason I want Dorsey is that the Saints need a Disruptive,High Motor, High Character Man in the middle to set our defense up for success. Without a solid Line we can have all the talent in the world and we will still loose. Being a Tiger fan means that I have seen Dorsey play more than any other D-Tackle in the draft, and I also think that he is probably the best DT I have seen in the last four or so years.

All that said, I don't give up a bundle of first round picks to get him. There are not many players that are worth more than a first and a second round pick.

Dorsey is just high energy, model -local citizen, good all round player and could anchor our D - line for years to come. Not to mention that we would have the sickest DL in the NFL next year.

I am acutaly from Detroit. I am a diehard Michigan fan, and I am currently persuing a EE degree at LSU. I lived in Shreveport for about 7 years, and that is the MAIN reason why I don't care either way what happens to LSU. Now, the minute that the Lions did Barry Sanders wrong, I was done with them. There was a LONG time of not making any moves to support Sanders and get a good team, and messing him over was the last straw.

So, in needing a new team around 98/99, I decided the home team was the way to go. Of course, I was surrounded by a lot of Cowgirl fans in North LA, but that changed in 03 when we moved to Baton Rouge. The problem was, the same type of obnoxious Cowgirl fan was the typical LSU fan I ran into for 7 years, so by the time I came down here, I was already turned off of LSU. Now, it comes down to devoting my energy for rooting for another college team, and I just can't do it. I don't wish anything bad on LSU, but I could care less about their football team one way or another. I can tell you one thing, it will be a cold day before I root for OSU....

Born and raised in New Orleans, rooted for Saints and LSU growing up, went to LSU but graduated from Tulane. I support Saints, Tigers, Green Wave.

Most LSU fans I know are either 1) a Saints fans also or 2) could care less about the NFL or any one team.
Living in Virginia Beach, there is lots of cowboy and VT fans. I have managed to convert several of my friends into Tiger fans, but that has been kind of easy due to the fact that they have been winning alot lately. Lots of people here like the cowboys due to a dislike for the Redskins. Also I have noticed that a lot more people are starting to wear Saints and Tiger gear around here. I am moving to TX in about 3 months and my inlaws are all cowboys and Aggie fans, so that will be real fun. They always throw it in my face that we (Saints) have never won a title, but my answer is when is the last time the "boys" beat the Saints..... Or the Aggies won anything

we have a lot college (and college only) fans on the german message board. i never watched any game of college football. the only way to see it is nasn-europe. pay TV which also shows NFL and NHL , NBA and a little college Basketball.
since iam a saints fan i never had a strong feeling for LSU , its too far away. i like tulane in some ways , i love underdogs , i like purdue because of brees , i like alabama because my american friend went there and was a big shaun alexander fan (greetings to robby :D)

the only teams i like for no special reason are tennessee and syracuse. just because each sendet a couple of good players in the nfl the last decade.
i don´t have any soft spot for LSU so. I heard rumors of them bi***ing around when the saints needed a home for 2005 season, this was the moment they lost me completely. ( i dont know if its any true )
i like laron landry and joseph addai so.

You'll mostly find that the Saints fans that don't like LSU are most often not originally from Louisiana.

i love both and take the wins and losses of both teams in the same manner...

i would be all about dorsey and would be willing to give up a small ransom to nab him. his place on the team would generate insane louisiana buzz...

im a die hard saints fan never miss a game in the dome. not a big fan of lsu but i would like lsu a lil more if u were allowed to drink some crown an coke are maybe even some beer for there games :beerchug: but i do hate the lsu fans that think there **** dont stink cuz i remember when lsu was horriable till nick saten got there. so i say geaux tigers but fk the fans that hate the saints.

im a die hard saints fan never miss a game in the dome. not a big fan of lsu but i would like lsu a lil more if u were allowed to drink some crown an coke are maybe even some beer for there games :beerchug: but i do hate the lsu fans that think there **** dont stink cuz i remember when lsu was horriable till nick saten got there. so i say geaux tigers but fk the fans that hate the saints.
I have consumed plenty of bourbon within the gates of Tiger Stadium.

This sums me up exactly. Saints were my first love growing up in NO, was a Tulane fan very early on :covri: , got into LSU when my family did an intervention at about age 7 and went to my first game in Tiger Stadium (7-0 win in the pouring rain vs. Kentucky) when I was 11. Later attended LSU and enjoyed everything that went with that, but the Saints remained #1 in my heart and my allegiance. Used to be you could tell a lot about someone by the way they answered the follwoing question: What would make you happier-- the Saints winning the Super Bowl, or the Tigers winning the National Championship?? Now that the Tigers have won a couple, things have become a little convoluted. But I always answered "Saints Super Bowl" every time.

Something else I meant to mention earlier-- I feel like I "fit in" more with Saints fans, in general, than LSU fans... Not sure why I seem to relate better to Saintfans; maybe it's growing up in NOLA, maybe it's the fact that the Saints have been underdogs all of my life, while the Tigers have been mostly winners (except the two years I was there under Curly Hallman :mad:) ... maybe it's the fact that most LSU fans I know or have met seem to have the same backstory and kinda the same experiences (most, not all); maybe it's something indefineable or maybe it's just all in my head. I just know that I feel more of a kinship with Saints fans than LSU fans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom