Whats the relationship between LSU and Saints fans? (4 Viewers)

DefensePlease

Jeff
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Are most LSU fans also saints fans, and vice versa? Im a die hard saints fan who will root for LSU, but not lose any sleep over it if they dont win. I know many of you are the opposite of me, or you are a huge fan of both.
Dont quote me on it, but I thought Lsu wasnt real supportive when the saints played in BR. That could be something I dreamed up, so dont kill me if it is wrong.

Anyway, what would the addition of a LSU superstar do for the saints? I know we have a few former LSU players, but nobody nearly on Dorsey's level. The man carries his own fan club....kind of like reggie.

My guess is it would completely take over the whole state, even larger than reggie did. But I dont live there, so what do you think?

Lots of North Louisiana Fans of LSU are Cowboys Fans, Drafting Dorsey would not oly solidify the middle of the defense, but add to the fan base across the state.

Baton Rouge residents resented the Saints having to use their facility the '05 season...I know many and they all had this feeling and would remark about it everytime I saw them.

As for Dorsey, he would have a huge following if he were to get picked by the Saints and if anything, he'd bring the casual LSU fan that kind of likes the Saints to being a real Saints fan, at least while he's on the team. It would have a huge impact, IMO, especially if the Saints have a really good year.

Dorsey could have the same impact for defense Reggie had for the offense his rookie season. He will make others around him better.

Drafting Dorsey would make Loomis look like a genius. We are talking with the Rams. IT was reported on nfl.com and profootball weekly. I could care less how much we have to give up. With Dorsey, we would have a pass rush, our LB's would be free to roam and our CB's wouldn't have to cover for as long.

I'm a Saints fan and love LSU.I bleed purple and gold on Saturdays,Black and gold on Sundays.

I'm a Saints fan and love LSU.I bleed purple and gold on Saturdays,Black and gold on Sundays.

I'm originally from the N.O. area, but have family from BR that have the same feeling towards LSU and the Saints.

People should not confuse the South Louisiana residents (BR, NO) with the North LA residents who are Cowboys fans and have a general grudge towards and dislike of the city of NO.

Same here, but if I had to choose, i'd have to pick the Saints over LSU.

Imagine the LSU fan base that'd be attracted become more hardcore Saints fans if we got Dorsey and Hester. That'd be awesome :9:

it is going to be very hard to find many saints fans at gameday who if they heard the lsu fight song would not get up and chant, heres to drafting the home town boy

I like LSU, but I don't lose sleep over them losing. That being said, I don't see that much difference between Dorsey and Ellis. I'd rather move up to 7 and only give up a 3.

Same here, but if I had to choose, i'd have to pick the Saints over LSU.

Imagine the LSU fan base that'd be attracted become more hardcore Saints fans if we got Dorsey and Hester. That'd be awesome :9:

Yeah I agree with everything you said.As much as I hate to be a homer(especially in the case of Hester)I think it would be great for the state and all LA football fans.

Baton Rouge residents resented the Saints having to use their facility the '05 season...I know many and they all had this feeling and would remark about it everytime I saw them.

As for Dorsey, he would have a huge following if he were to get picked by the Saints and if anything, he'd bring the casual LSU fan that kind of likes the Saints to being a real Saints fan, at least while he's on the team. It would have a huge impact, IMO, especially if the Saints have a really good year.

Dorsey could have the same impact for defense Reggie had for the offense his rookie season. He will make others around him better.

I almost said the exact same thing, but erased my post. Dorsey will turn that LSU fan that has a cynical view about the Saints into a genuine Saints fan.

I like to consider myself sort of a diplomat between the two. Hardcore Saints fan and I go to LSU. If I had to choose, it would be the Saints without a doubt, but I defend LSU when I need to. In general, I'm pretty resentful of LSU fans who have negative attitudes towards the Saints, and I'm pretty sensitive to negative remarks towards the Saints in Baton Rouge.

I will say, though, I rarely see Cowgirls love around here. When I do, it gets my attention, but it's not all that common. I pretty much assume whenever I see cowgirls gear that it's just some idiot from Texas that goes to LSU because our school is cheaper and better value than their schools over there (true story).

A lot of the LSU people I know who come from Baton Rouge or N. LA are pretty apathetic towards the NFL in general, but they'll pretty much jump on the Saints bandwaggon when they're hot and the subject comes up.

If we drafted Dorsey somehow, it would be a huge deal everywhere in this state and an incredibly good business move.

I tell you what, I never saw the resentment. As a Baton Rouge resident, an LSU season ticket holder, and a Saints season ticket holder, me and my group of friends had a great time in Tiger Stadium.

I think its more of a myth than anything. Every Saint fan I know in Baton Rouge is also a huge Tiger fan.

I tell you what, I never saw the resentment. As a Baton Rouge resident, an LSU season ticket holder, and a Saints season ticket holder, me and my group of friends had a great time in Tiger Stadium.

I think its more of a myth than anything. Every Saint fan I know in Baton Rouge is also a huge Tiger fan.

Ditto

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom