What's the rule of FGs? (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Seriously.

Watching Bobby Wagner jump (and make contact with...) over the center TWICE and cause two missed field goals.

Collinsworth stated it was a wrong no-call the first time, then sarcastically stated it the second time ("I guess that was inadvertent contact too").

I know I've seen this called......and there's NO WAY it was not seen.....he's right in the middle of the line, the only one jumping into the backfield.

Cost the Cards a win.

So, we have some serious experts on here, what's the rule on the play?

Whether it should have been a penalty or not, what that play showed me was "want to". Seattle players have it, many Saints players do not. He burst over the line and was stretching as far as he could to get a piece of that ball. Sherman was streaking in from the side laying out as far as he could reach. Some of our players have that, but most do not. When you look at plays like that, you see the difference between a consistently winning team and a consistently losing team.

Whether it should have been a penalty or not, what that play showed me was "want to". Seattle players have it, many Saints players do not. He burst over the line and was stretching as far as he could to get a piece of that ball. Sherman was streaking in from the side laying out as far as he could reach. Some of our players have that, but most do not. When you look at plays like that, you see the difference between a consistently winning team and a consistently losing team.

Great points. They want it so badly.

You cannot land on another player and you cannot use another player to launch or propel you. That first one, he clearly touched the center with his foot. But that falls under the gray area of the rule. I expect the rule to be adjusted this offseason.

I absolutely cannot stand Seattle, but I do agree with you.

I agree with the earlier poster, if we do attempt a couple of field goals, one will get blocked. Maybe they will mitigate this possibility in practice though.

Start investing into a long jumper for ST? Lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom