What's the scoop on Kaare Johnson? (1 Viewer)

HennessyRob

NOLA Raised
Reaction score
Whats been up with Gerry V's show???
Whenever I try to listen over the Net, it's Dan Patrick's show.
Whats up with that??????????????????????

antipop

drool mop
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
gerry v has been on since monday i think....i listen to 1280 on the ride home every day.....he's traveling with the hornets so his show is off and on depending on the hornets schedule......he still is the best sports talk show in the area

Random Fan

Reaction score
I knew that wouldn't take long. Thanks for the insight.
Well, I mean... he is... 30 minutes of programmed commercials is enough without him launching into live ones. As for the actual reason, I have no idea. I haven't really listened to WWL consistently in several years. Last time I heard him on he was basically doing what Kenny Wilkerson did for Buddy.

HennessyRob

NOLA Raised
Reaction score
gerry v has been on since monday i think....i listen to 1280 on the ride home every day.....he's traveling with the hornets so his show is off and on depending on the hornets schedule......he still is the best sports talk show in the area
Glad to hear that. I miss hearing his show everyday.

OP
Brennan77

Brennan77

Bass Manager
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Well, I mean... he is... 30 minutes of programmed commercials is enough without him launching into live ones. As for the actual reason, I have no idea. I haven't really listened to WWL consistently in several years. Last time I heard him on he was basically doing what Kenny Wilkerson did for Buddy.
He hasn't done that since the storm, as far as I know. After the storm, he was covering the city and did some of the best and most important reporting I've ever heard, or ever will hear. Annoying sports show or not, I've got a soft spot for him since those times.

Anyway, I thought he was in with WWL because of family, thus the switch would be a pretty big deal. I just found it interesting.

THAJCODE

Banned
Reaction score
I liked it when "The Game" was around, if for no other reason than it meant local sports talk that much later.

:shrug:

Random Fan

Reaction score
Is his dad still alive? And, actually prior to his stint with WWL he was with 1280 when it was called... er... WQUE I think. He was basically a rival to Buddy and took more than a few shots at them (some well deserved).

My assumption is that he probably wanted to host a show and there was pretty much no room in the lineup for him.

Random Fan

Reaction score
I liked it when "The Game" was around, if for no other reason than it meant local sports talk that much later.

:shrug:
I remember those days. He ticked me off because he was a bit of a Mora apologist (this was the Wade Wilson/Jim Everett era era) when the wheels were falling off.

HouDat

Banned
Reaction score
The few times I've forced myself to listen to him, it's been painful. As good as his information can be at times, his delivery is roughly akin to committing atrocities against my eardrums.

johnnyd

Ikea boy.
Reaction score
Annoying voice? Yeah maybe, but I got used to it. I always felt he asked better questions than Kenny Wilkerson ever did. I do miss The Game. I would rather listen to Kaare in the middle of the day than Rush.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
By in the area, you mean OKC?

/NoJive

Oh, and best sports talk in the area is a dubious distinction don't you think?

I personally don't like Gerry's personality and I don't think he gives out very good Saints information. His Hornets info is top notch, but frankly I care much more about the Saints and despite Kenny Wilkerson and Bobby Hebert being annoying, and Hokie not caring, they do have much better Saints info.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom