What's the story behind Belichik and Mangini? (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
Why don't they like each other? Is it just the simple principle of Mangini leaving for a division rival that has Belichik upset? Usually a head coach is happy to see one of his assistants get a head coaching job. Whats the deal?

espn just reported that it might have been the tampering charges involving the trade of deion branch... that would make sense

One slant... from a source close to the Jets....

BB did not want EM to take the Jets job (same division and all)... so

when EM took the job, BB locked him out of his office...

I guess BB did not want EM to take any Pat's secrets with him to NY...

Ooops... the short version of st dudes link...

Last edited:
One slant... from a source close to the Jets....

BB did not want EM to take the Jets job (same division and all)... so

when EM took the job, BB locked him out of his office...

I guess BB did not want EM to take any Pat's secrets with him to NY...

I've always wondered about stuff like that... I wonder how many signals and how much terminology they had to change because Mangini knows the Patriots' playbook.

I remember hearing and reading that BB had a problem with the owner of the Jets and a general dislike for the organization and the people in it and really was mad and upset at Mangini taking the job and that is what is causing the rift between the two. However i can't remember where i heard it so unless i can find an article take that with a grain of salt

I remember hearing and reading that BB had a problem with the owner of the Jets and a general dislike for the organization and the people in it and really was mad and upset at Mangini taking the job and that is what is causing the rift between the two. However i can't remember where i heard it so unless i can find an article take that with a grain of salt

Bingo, remember when Parcells left the Jets, BB was the hired as the new coach , however, he dislikes the organization; resigned the next day.

I read the article and I agree. But how would you feel if your buddy's team tampered with your Super Bowl MVP reciever. This screwed up the Pat's season as they have a bunch of scrappy recievers trying to fill his role. You don't expect a friends team to do this to you. I believe this had a moderate impact in BB's attitude towards his ex coach EM.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom