What's the Story with Willie? (1 Viewer)

BiloxiSaint1

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Are we ever going to get Willie Whitehead back on the field and into the D line rotation? He has been listed as questionable for some time now. IMO, it would help the Saints maintain a higher level of play from the front four by having an extra body to rotate in and out. Is he finished for the season? Is he in Payton's dog house? Anybody know the story?

Last edited:
Are we ever going to get Willie Whitehead back on the field and into the D line rotation? He has been listed as questionable for some time now. IMO, it would help the Saints maintain a higher level of play from the front four by having an extra body to rotate in and out. Is he finished for the season? Is he in Payton's dog house? Anybody know the story?
I'm wondering the same thing. I don't think we've had all our lineman healthy at one time yet.
The rotation is affected, and there's more: the guys we rotate (Lake and Eric Moore) weren't in training camp and are still learning the defense.
I'm not suprised our run D started to slide right after we lost Ninkovich in week 3 and Whitehead a week later, since we replaced both with outside sources.
Just when we got Leisle back too- I think he missed the first 3 or 4 games.
Remember that comment by Charles Grant a couple of weeks ago about the D jelling? That's probably what he was talking about.
As far as Whitehead's status, I can't find him on any current injury report. I'm hoping that's good news, but I really don't know.

I'm not suprised our run D started to slide right after we lost Ninkovich in week 3 and Whitehead a week later, since we replaced both with outside sources.

IMO Rob was a big loss on the D line. He seemed to provide the "hunger" to the Defensive Ends, and it looked like that motivated the starters. It's all Grant and Smith now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom