What's the word on Peat? (1 Viewer)

The smart money says, play him at LG, left is his natural side, until his contract is up, which is they year before Armstead's contract ends, all the while he "fills in as needed at LT", then extend him in the 5-6 year range at LG money, then either let Armstead, now in 30's, walk or offer to pay him RT money and move there, then shift over Peat. Now we have a starting LT for LG money.

That's a lot of savings. RT's can easily be had rounds 2-5 next year. Just my 2 cents.

That line of reasoning sounds good. But, Peat's agent has thought of that as well, and probably isn't going to let it happen quite that easily.

I do wonder, however, what Armstead would look like on the right side. With Jahri & Stinch on the right, PT used to destroy screen passes. Armstead is a much better athlete than Stinch, so I wonder if he could make the transition.

Either way, Peat is a left side player, through and through. OG or OT, either way, keep the poor boy on the left and let him grow!

That line of reasoning sounds good. But, Peat's agent has thought of that as well, and probably isn't going to let it happen quite that easily.

I do wonder, however, what Armstead would look like on the right side. With Jahri & Stinch on the right, PT used to destroy screen passes. Armstead is a much better athlete than Stinch, so I wonder if he could make the transition.

Either way, Peat is a left side player, through and through. OG or OT, either way, keep the poor boy on the left and let him grow!

Your probably right. But it's still worth a try. Pretty sure that Peat will have to be extended 1 year before Armstead's contract is up. So we do it kind of sneaky. "Hey Peat, we are gonna extend you somewhere in between the LG-LT $ range, as we are unsure what the future holds there with Armstead getting up there is age"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom